2000Km-1243 mile club

2000km (Read 519 times)

Day 5 and still raining HARD

Yes, I have to concentrate on consistant mileage and consistant pacing in the next training cycle AND turning on my Garmin which I set to "beep" if I run faster than the required pace. There's a nice simple marathon training schedule based on time in the Sept/ Oct Marathon & Beyond. I'm thinking about using that for a spring 2012 HM.

OK, what's up with everyone else out there?

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

My post-race week has gone well - started with a couple rest days, then building from 3-milers back to usual routine. I'm sorry you're getting so much rain, Ayola  - that's a bummer at this point in your training. Weather here has been great for running. It looks gray and chilly, but once outside running, the scenery colors are clear and I'm working up a sweat and wishing I had short sleeves on.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Nothing to see here.  Easy runs are feeling easier and the PF is slowly improving.  Cutting back slightly this week by my training schedule and also to rest a little for my local 5K.  I'm not expecting much from the race but I do intend to use it as a good tempo run.

HappyFeat

Nothing to see here.  Easy runs are feeling easier and the PF is slowly improving.  Cutting back slightly this week by my training schedule and also to rest a little for my local 5K.  I'm not expecting much from the race but I do intend to use it as a good tempo run.

Nothing to see?? I just noticed you ran a 20 miler this week and 18 the week prior! I missed that rapid build-up somehow. Congrats on making such excellent progress. You won't have any trouble with the November marathon! Impressive!

Feeling really lazy...must get out there and run more...maybe tomorrow.....

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

12 mile trail run today and I am just wiped out. I haven't done a serious trail run for a long time and I was reminded how much harder trail running is than road running. It was on some really rocky trails that demanded constant focus and really tired me out. I only had one face-plant. At least it convinced me that I am nowhere near ready for a 40-mile trail run in early December (this is a very rocky, rooty trail). 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Perfessor...great job on the trail run and I would much rather focus on gnarly roots than sidewalks.  Been out awhile in PT but keeping up with all of you inspirational runners!    I ran 4.5 on trails today and loved it for 2 reasons

1) not much pain

2) I have a new rescue Husky from Kodiak who is in love with me and trail running.

I had to put Rusty down last May and it has been awhile since I have had a running dog. SO 2000K will elude me this year but I am hoping for a better year next year.

Anyway...thanks for posting so consistently...this is a great group!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Crabby, good to hear from you again. Sorry about Rusty. I'm sure your new partner will be great (this is worthless without pictures).

I've signed up for a 50k, the Mountain Mist, on that trail that I ran on yesterday, it was good to see what I'm in for.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

Sooo good to hear from you Crabby

Sad to hear about Rusty; I'm sure you still miss him. What is your new dog's name?

Hope your running continues to go well and that you post even if you're not running.

HappyFeat

I've signed up for a 50k, the Mountain Mist, on that trail that I ran on yesterday, it was good to see what I'm in for.

I envy your confidence. Good luck with your training!

So Sunday's the big day: back to the road, for real this time.  Physical therapy is done.  So far this week its been 5/2x3, 5/2x4 and 6/2x3 all on the treadmill.  Time to move it to the pavement and start the slow build up.  Gonna use the Pfitzinger return from injury plan (http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml) and then build steady from there. 

Time to pick some new goals. Not going to run the Middle Half next weekend, probably will pull out of the Monkey.  There's a 5 miler at the end of Oct., but that might be too soon. Still planning on New Orleans Full in March, but need something grand to focus on.  Russ: have you ever run the StumpJump 50K?  I've been thinking about a long trail race for next fall and that's an obvious choice since its close by, but I'm wondering if there are some easier options out there.  

Ayola: good luck this weekend.  I'll send all the good karma your way that I can.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dog-Love

Will train for a race next year but this year am just taking in short trail runs with Nitro (he came with that nam).  Ran 3 yesterday up hill half the way.  Gettting over a cold and the lungs were super tight.  And it was pouring rain.  But I always say that once you are out in it, rain makes for good running

When is the Mountain Mist?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I'm pretty happy with my 5K today given all the circumstances.  It was definitely the most fun 5K I've done in a while just because I knew there was no PR so I just relaxed and used it for training.  I started much slower than usual and ended up stuck behind well over 100 runners on a very narrow and hilly first half mile.  That worked out well because it helped me start slow and gave me people to pass for the rest of the race.

I ended up just breaking 20 minutes which was my goal for today.  19:59 and 3rd place for the masters division.

Imminent Catastrophe

Mountain Mist is late January. 

Today I volunteered to mark the trail for tomorrow's Mystery Mountain Marathon and it turned into a 7.5 mile run/powerhike on a beautiful fall day, with the leaves starting to turn it was really nice. Tomorrow I'm the race photographer. It's nice to volunteer now and then, it was fun!

HappyFeat

Happy Saturday everyone!

Excellent 5K, Jeff - congrats on surpassing your goal and getting an AG award - very well done!

Sounds like a fun time helping out with Mystery, PerfesserR. Are you taking finish line pics or along the route?

Nitro's a great name for your new running partner, Crabby.  What is his age? Hope your recover from your cold quickly.

Enjoy your Road Run tomorrow, Brian. Are you going on that boardwalk route you posted photos of awhile back? That looked like a nice run.

Ran my 10-mile rolling hills route this morning.  What a difference from the last time I ran it - no problems at all today! I noticed today I need to be more up on the right ball of foot when going up the steep hills to match the left foot and this takes the pressure off the AT - so no problem there. I did my best sneaky Pink Panther tiptoe routine for fun on some parts.  I also learned if a shoe is too loose, I don't have good control on the downhill footstrike technique. I don't think I benefited from running with the loose shoe, but yes I was too pigheaded to stop and tighten it because it felt so great I just wanted to ride this run to the end without stopping.