2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 9/22 - 9/29 (Read 255 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Be careful, Perfesser. For a long time, every time I tried to run two days in a row, I ended up hurting more. I actually ran three days in a row last week, and it went OK - first time in almost 4 months. I still have a small ache in my ankle, but it's not getting any worse. It does suck.

...---...

Terrible run Thursday. I should have taken more time after work to unwind, maybe rest some and eat a little. Wind was high and I never felt like I had the energy to run at all (felt hungry despite a good lunch). managed 3 pitiful miles before calling it a day. At the end, legs were a little shaky and breathing was tough. WHen I got home, all I wanted to do was pig out. Obviously, I didn't do something right on Wednesday and Thursday. Or...could have been just one of those days.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

here I go talking to myself again. Much better 5.3 miles today. Taking Saturday off.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Trey - are you also answering yourself - 'cause I heard THAT causes problems.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey - are you also answering yourself - 'cause I heard THAT causes problems.
            Only if you argue. MTA: Sorry I haven't been contributing to the conversation lately but I'm not running and posts about treadmill or elliptical workouts are, well, not too interesting for the most part.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

I'm not so sure I answer myself. Do I? No, I don't. But I'm doing it now. No I'm not. Now I've started an argument with myself. What argument? What do I mean by that? I don't know. Tune in next time when I demonstrate an example of Joyce's stream of consciousness as I report on my long run Sunday.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

I'm not so sure I answer myself. Do I? No, I don't. But I'm doing it now. No I'm not. Now I've started an argument with myself. What argument? What do I mean by that? I don't know. Tune in next time when I demonstrate an example of Joyce's stream of consciousness as I report on my long run Sunday.
                LOL you don't hear voices do you Trey? That might add to the problem Smile To be honest, I have discussions with myself when I run. More along the lines of whether I should continue to run or take a right and go home, kind of stuff Smile Then again, I'm older than you are. So guess you now know your future Big grin Those 10 hour work days I've been having since my vacation are sucking the life out of me. Only managed one run this week so far. And I overslept this morning which has totally messed up my usual Sat morning routine and my plans for today. But I will run, only not till about 10AM. It's going to be a nice sunny day: 18C they say.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

It's an absolutely gorgeous morning. Sunny but not hot (18C), hardly any wind, just nice, you know. It's one of those beautiful late & lazy summer days. But no lazyness for me yet. I'm fuelling and hydrating cause I'm leaving for a 10K race soon. It'll be a fun run race for me. Meaning I'll be at the start with everyone else and hopefully the finish is still there when I(!) get there Clowning around I'll be back later today tell you about the finish.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

oh dear, think I've been infected by Trey. Talking to myself... Anyways, ran my race. Given the lack of consistent running in the past few months, I simply wanted to run at an easy pace. Considering it just another mid-week easy run. If I could finish in 1h10 that would be great. 1h08 would be fantastis. Anything faster would be unrealistic at this point. This course has 4 big bridges. Especially the 4th one is killer. You come down the 3rd bridge, there's an about 300 meter flat stretch, then you go up agaiin. But I apparently have a stronger competitive streak then I thought. I started way in the back. As usual. As my Polar beeped after the first 1000 meters I was running at 6:33/K and thought it was too fast. So I slowed down. I started passing runners. And I realised I was counting them. Hmmmm, and the more I passed the faster I started running. Focusing on the runner in front of me. Darn, I was't supposed to "race", just run. When I passed #20, I figured maybe it was time to go and run out of my usual comfort zone. Puke at the finish kind of run... I didn' even chat with the volunteers at the water station. Just grabbed water and walked while drinking. That's a first for me. Ever. 1K = 6:33 2K = 6:54 -> 1st bridge 3K = 6:58 4K = 7:03 -> 2nd bridge + water station 5K = 6:53 -> 34:23 6K = 6:34 -> water station 7K = 6:07 8K = 6:02 -> 3rd bridge 9K = 6:09 -> 4th bridge 9.95K = 5:53 -> 1h04:59 I can't believe I ran that close to the 6min/K. Ofcourse this is what my Polar says. My true finish time might be entirely different. I'll let you know what my real result was when it's up. I passed 38 runners in all. I''ve never passed that many runners. Then again, the slower 30K runners and the 15K runners do meet up with the 10K runners at what was my 6K mark. So I might still have finished as last of the 10K runners. I'm pleased though. I ran out of my comfort zone. For the first time ever. Didn't puke at the finish, but it was close enough... HRmax = 193 and HRavg was 170 Stride = 105, usually 98 Cadence = 73-81, usually the same Index = 37 -> np idea what this means! It's usually 33-34.

Dutchie

...---...

Dutchie - awesome, awesome, awesome. Today I had 14 miles planned. Could only get in 11.5 due to IT Band. So, looking for advice from you veterans on a strategy. I'm 4 weeks away from marathon. On brighter note, I found fresh, wild, Coho salmon at the grocery store today, and on sale no doubt. Dinner was pretty good tonight.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, VERY nice race. HR 193? I'd need a defibrillator if I hit 193. Cadence 73-81. Usually 90 is the consensus most efficient cadence. You might try to hit 85-90 on your next training run, just to see how it feels. FWIW, In my best races I was around 85-90. Not on purpose but just because I was running well that day and that's how it turned out. Trey--fresh Coho. MMMMmmmmm... I just had some smoked salmon (smoked it myself) on penne pasta in a pesto sauce. It was great. I used mesquite, which is a little strong for salmon. So today I picked up some alder wood for next time.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016