2000Km-1243 mile club

July 2016 (Read 4 times)

HappyFeat

It's Independence Day here, so I'm enjoying an extra day off work. Thinking I should get around to doing something worthwhile since it's already 4:30 pm.

What's happening, Dutchie? You fell off the map!

Looks like you're running consistently, Puke. You are way ahead of the bunny now!  Still enjoying the game?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Sorry, been distracted by the sale of the company I work for.... We've been sold to Daimler/Mercedes on Thursday last week. It's been a crazy two weeks in the office. And of course I used it as a reason to not run according to schedule.... procrastination champion right here! Raise your hand if you're good at it too

Anyways, did go for a run on Tuesday and today. I was slooooow today, but I did it. I ran my first solid 5 kilometers of the year! Yeah for me Now to just keep that momentum going will be a challenge. Next week I'll start working on the next milestone: 10 kilometers. Not to mention I really need to start running 3x week consistently if I don't want to get injured, sigh. I do think my squats/plie squats and pushups 3-4 times a week have helped I think. Playing indoor soccer again on Tuesday. Hopefully I do not reinjure. Going out shortly to buy proper shoes.

Have you started running again Happy?

Perfesser: how are you feeling after a little rest

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

After today, I will be lagging far behind anything you do, Dutchie. You will have to run for both of us.

I was out on the trail today blissfully carefree---until the side of my head/face slammed into the ground! Must have tripped, though I don't remember doing so. You can read my log entry for the gory details. I can't win for losing. First the calf injury, now this. :-(   I'm dreading going into work tomorrow because I know everything will be hurting worse than today.

Dutchie42

Just brace yourself for the jokes and the questions Happy. So sorry this happened to you. Did you go see a doctor? You may be slightly concussed?

I did buy indoor soccer shoes. They feel a little too tight to me. But the sales person in two stores told me that soccer shoes need to feel a little tight because you need to feel the ball. I'm not sure though. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who plays soccer so I don't know how they're supposed to fit. I tried googling but that didn't help. It's supposed to have a snug fit. yeah right. When is it snug and when is it too tight/small?

Dutchie

It's Independence Day here, so I'm enjoying an extra day off work. Thinking I should get around to doing something worthwhile since it's already 4:30 pm.

What's happening, Dutchie? You fell off the map!

Looks like you're running consistently, Puke. You are way ahead of the bunny now!  Still enjoying the game?

Thanks, starting to build it up again.  Must e-mail again...keep forgetting :-)

The game is going well.  Another runner made a raid on my territory so i went out and took it back plus half of his territory.  Felt sorry for them since so have left them alone and concentrated on capturing new areas.

My mother just died over the weekend so had to head back to the family home to help take care of that.  My Mum had been unwell for a long time so sort of a blessing.  Positives are somewhere different to run.....

Anyway hope all is well with everyone - better go and check out your running logs to see what you been doing..

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Sorry, been distracted by the sale of the company I work for.... We've been sold to Daimler/Mercedes on Thursday last week. It's been a crazy two weeks in the office. And of course I used it as a reason to not run according to schedule.... procrastination champion right here! Raise your hand if you're good at it too

I am highly practiced at procrastination.....doing it right now, and it is perfect running conditions outside.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

After today, I will be lagging far behind anything you do, Dutchie. You will have to run for both of us.

I was out on the trail today blissfully carefree---until the side of my head/face slammed into the ground! Must have tripped, though I don't remember doing so. You can read my log entry for the gory details. I can't win for losing. First the calf injury, now this. :-(   I'm dreading going into work tomorrow because I know everything will be hurting worse than today.

Crikey - hope you OK and not too badly damaged. Maybe you should stick to the flat roads :-)

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Crikey - hope you OK and not too badly damaged. Maybe you should stick to the flat roads :-)

IKR?  I'm just hoping that I tripped and didn't faint, then fall. That was DH first question since I don't remember tripping. Scary. It was that quick. Running one second, face hitting the ground the next second. Nothing in between. Not sure what to think.

Anyway, no broken bones - yay! Just very sore at all the injury sites and feel a bit traumatized. I'm so lucky I didn't hit the large rock right beside me on the trail or things could have been very different.

MTA: No I didn't go to the doctor, Dutchie.  I'd rather take a brush to my wounds myself than let someone else do it! It took a while to get all the dirt and bits of wood out, but I know better than to risk infection. As for the head - I'm alright. Just wish I knew if I actually tripped or not.

I emailed my sister who has a son and husband who play recreational soccer. One of them should know about the shoes.

HappyFeat

Thanks, starting to build it up again.  Must e-mail again...keep forgetting :-)

The game is going well.  Another runner made a raid on my territory so i went out and took it back plus half of his territory.  Felt sorry for them since so have left them alone and concentrated on capturing new areas.

My mother just died over the weekend so had to head back to the family home to help take care of that.  My Mum had been unwell for a long time so sort of a blessing.  Positives are somewhere different to run.....

Anyway hope all is well with everyone - better go and check out your running logs to see what you been doing..

Sorry to hear you lost your mum. It's never easy, even when the person has been ill or is at the end of a very long life. My grandma died at 92 and I think she was ready to go after an extended illness and all; but I couldn't imagine a world without her in it.

Dutchie42

Sorry about your mother Puke... How are you and the family holding up?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Yesterday was indoor soccer on those darn shoes. My toes kept hitting the front. After an hour, it was rather painful. BUT I did have better ball control this time. No goals yet, but my time will come. I really think those shoes don't fit, though one of the players showed me a way to lace the shoes differently which should help, he says. Still the only woman in a team of 15 men Smile Working on getting more women involved. One already committed to joining next time.

This morning was a shortie run: 3 solid kilometers on the TM. Only 3 cause I was procrastinating again. Or maybe not... I was supposed to run yesterday but skipped the run in favour of soccer. Soccer is excellent for sprinting. This morning I did want to run but procrastinated for too long so only had 17 minutes. In the end I pushed myself to run a little longer (20 min) to make it a nice round number.

Dutchie

Sorry about your mother Puke... How are you and the family holding up?

Thanks.  We are all good, bit of a shock even when she had been unwell for so long.  But slowing getting back to some form of normal.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Yesterday was indoor soccer on those darn shoes. My toes kept hitting the front. After an hour, it was rather painful. BUT I did have better ball control this time. No goals yet, but my time will come. I really think those shoes don't fit, though one of the players showed me a way to lace the shoes differently which should help, he says. Still the only woman in a team of 15 men Smile Working on getting more women involved. One already committed to joining next time.

This morning was a shortie run: 3 solid kilometers on the TM. Only 3 cause I was procrastinating again. Or maybe not... I was supposed to run yesterday but skipped the run in favour of soccer. Soccer is excellent for sprinting. This morning I did want to run but procrastinated for too long so only had 17 minutes. In the end I pushed myself to run a little longer (20 min) to make it a nice round number.

I have always had boots slightly too big.  But that was never for football.  So buggered if I know.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Dutchie42

This morning I ran a solid 7 kilometers. First time this year I ran over 5 kilometers. I aimed at 6 adding only one kilometer to my previous milestone of 5 kilometers. I wanted to run 5 continuously and allowing myself to run the last one with walkbreaks.

Things turned out quite differently. I was a running machine, legs moving effortlessly, breathing completely in sync, mentally in the zone..... it was fantastic! I stopped at the 7K mark, not because I couldn't continue, but because I am quite wary of injury. I walked the remaining 600 meters back to the car. Made for a nice cooldown.

Speedwise... well, let's not go there

How's everyone doing?

Puke: how much territory do you have now?

Happy: have you started up running again? How's that going?

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Hi Dutchie! Yay for a Solid 7K! You're doing great! Here's a delayed reply from my sister about the soccer shoes: "if you have to ask, they're too small." What did you decide?

My bruises and gashes are healing quickly. I ran 3 times last week and all was good. So I decided to pick up my training plan where I left off. That called for 18 miles (29K) on the trail this weekend. I rounded up a buddy who was willing and able to do it with me and "got back on the horse" as they say. Other than getting tired and pooping out on the last hill climb, it went well. No tripping, no bonking, good conversation. Took a little over 4 hours. Our run included all three big hills that are on the GOAT.  I'm planning to run/power-walk them as often as I can in training.