2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/20-10/26 (Read 237 times)

Dutchie42

What do you guys make of this? For the past 3 weeks, when I run more than 7K, the outside of my R-foot starts to hurt. And the pain will last for hours after my run. When I ran a 10 miler two weeks ago, I was literally limping on Monday. So this morning I ran 10K. Around the 7K point my foot starts to hurt. It's still painful. If I put pressure on it, nothing.... I can't find a sore or painful spot by applying pressure from the side, bottom, top, nothing.... I stand up (am sitting right now) it's painful. I didn't slip or stumble or whatever. It just suddenly occurred.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

peroneal tendonitis maybe - I've had that and it is pretty much what you describe. And when it was healing I would be completely pain free and then go for a run and a couple miles in almost crippling pain. Limp around for awhile after. Wake up the next day feeling ok.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

You might post that in the Health and Nutrition forum, I'm sure somebody could help.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Wow, what a day. I finished my marathon...4:48:43 by Garmin; 4:50 and some change by the gun clock. I'm pretty sore. It hurt, but I made it. IT bands were SCREAMING at mile 15, everything else seems okay. Tired but okay. I'll post a link to a race report after I've rested up a bit and can reflect on it all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

WHOO HOO! CONGRATS TREY Big grin You did it! Now get some ice on those IT bands and have a brew or three. Looking forward to your RR.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Great job getting that marathon behind you trey! Bummer about the IT band and hope you have only a day or so of soreness. I'm 2 weeks post marathon and I had a great 9 mile run on a beautiful trail with new snow on the ground
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              Dutchie42

Woohooo Trey, well done! Congrats. Terrific time too. Rest up and take care of your ITB. Can't wait to read your race report. I'm off for a 10 miler in an hour or two. It's still mighty dark outside. Clock went back an hour last night so were officially on Wintertime. Meaning I get confused all the time cause the computer clock says 6AM and every other clock in the house (and there always seem to be sooo many) says 7AM Smile

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Congrats Trey, can't wait to read your race report. Myself, I've been resting this week. Trying to get over my groin/hip flexor/something in that region strain. It feels completely fine except when I bring my right leg up high and to the left of my body, I feel the tightness in that region. I think I'm going to attempt a run tomorrow, hoping 4 solid days off is good enough.
                  Dutchie42

Had a 10 miler planned for today. Started out as a doggie fun run with Spike and Spooky. They were both hunting for poop Confused Ofcourse, while I was chasing one away the other one sneaked up and got himself a bite, sigh. Anyways, after aprox. 3.5K I dropped Spike off at home and continued with Spooky. R-foot was fine till approx. 8K. Then it really started to hurt. I sort of run/walked the last bit home and as soon as I hit the 13.5K (according to my HRM) I stopped running all together and limped home. I couldn't even walk down the stairs with that foot. I then went to the swimming pool (mainly for a shower) with the boys and managed to swim 16 laps (400 meters crawl) and splash about a bit. When I got out of the pool my foot was soooo much better. Weird! It still hurts a bit but I'm not limping so that's a great improvement. Legs feel great too. Swimming after running seems to be great recovery for the legs. If this doesn't get any better by the end of the week (and I'm guessing it won't since it didn't improve at all over the past 3 weeks) I'll go see my PT.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Oh, mistake: I ran 14.34K plus the 3.6K doggie fun run. That's apparently close to 18K. Oops. And ofcourse 3.6K + 13.5K = 17K not 10 miles. Double oops. Guess that proves running is bad on the brain.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

eh oh, I don't feel like I ran 18K? My legs don't feel it? Except for my foot ofcourse. It didn't like it one bit. Is my foot technically part of my leg? I'm talking to myself again, aren't I?

Dutchie