2000Km-1243 mile club

December (Read 406 times)

Welcome Matt, congrats on taking the bunny down a notch, my turn now.

HappyFeat

Hi Matt - great job on beating the bunny to the finish line!

I'm off work for the afternoon, waiting on a repair man. Should be able to get my run in while it's light out though - which will be a treat. 6 miles planned.

MTA:

Back from my run which was harder than I expected...slow and more than a few twinges.

I thought I felt fine after Saturday's race, but my legs said otherwise this afternoon.

I think I'll take tomorrow as a rest day and do yoga instead.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Congratulations on the ultra Heffa, great time.

We had a wet week in New Zealand last week (middle of summer - sure it is) so it gave me several excuses not to go for a run.  But finally got my arse into gear and did 10km (in heavy rain) to push me past the 2000 mark.  The rain continued through the weekend so celebrated by doing a 20km out and back on a section on next years Tarawera Ultra.  Very scenic part of the course.  Took me 2:45 but stopped to take photos on the way.  Really weird thing for me is that during the entire run I saw nobody. Nearly 3 hours without human contact.  Heavy rain and mud might have had something to do with it.  Anyway, here are some photos - enjoy

Okataina Lodge to Lake Tarawera  MTA, I think the link wasn't working, so did it again.

Well done matt and Russ on the 2k

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Congrats Matt!

Nothing to see here - still on the bench with a nasty cold, lots of flem and no voice, my goal is just getting the office projects squared away before Christmas in New York. I'm grumpy from missing my runs. Maybe I'll get some Central Park miles in at the end of the week - maybe.

A

Recalculating...

...---...

Welcome Matt. Looking forward to hearing from you in here. 5K run this past Tuesday in SC. Played Laser Tag with co-workers yesterday...I had intended on running later that afternoon/evening but I got such a great work out from the game that I didn't need to. There isn't a Laser Tag choice on the activity but we all know I exerted myself Cool. 6 mile trail run tonight with some people from my running club. So far, so good on staying healthy.

-

Jeff - Congats!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Congrats to all the recent finishers.  There has been some great bunny stomping going on recently.  I'm getting closer and I think I can still make it.

A - Hope you're feeling better

Trey - Looking good, keep it up

Tested out the legs and lungs yesterday in Central Park and I'm headed our for another run now before everyone wakes up. Merry Christmas! A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Tested out the legs and lungs yesterday in Central Park and I'm headed our for another run now before everyone wakes up. Merry Christmas! A

If you're still going to be in NYC on New Years' Eve there's the NYRR Midnight Run in Central Park. Mary Ann and I are going!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas.

No running for me today. Yoga later -  when I'm less full from a late breakfast.

Went with the Garmin 610....it's sweet!

...---...

Happy Boxing day. I got in a 13 mile trail run on Christmas day down South - the hills were a shock to my achilles. I'm a little sore today but all systems still appear "go". Santa gave me a great Petzl head lap which I've already tested and declare as awesome. I also got a ticket for the Orange Bowl so there's a South Beach run in my immediate future Smile

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

If you're still going to be in NYC on New Years' Eve there's the NYRR Midnight Run in Central Park. Mary Ann and I are going!

One more run today and one more decadent meal tonight and then we are back to Halifax for New Years - the NYRR sounds fun wish I could be there. A

Recalculating...

I think I may finally be turning the corner on this whole injury thing.  My last 3 runs have been pain free.  They've been short (2, 3 and 3), but I've stretched the run interval out to 10 minutes.  No pain during, after or the next day.  Still not 100% since the leg still feels a little off, but at least I don't think I'm damaging it. Gonna try for 5 miles this weekend and then I'll start adding in some terrain (I've been doing all my runs on a pancake flat 1/3 mile walking path).  Just going to keep taking it easy and let the distance come.

Everyone have a great New Year and a great new year in 2012.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

There is nothing better than a pain-free run after a long-lasting injury. Good luck Phibes and Happy New Year to everyone!

I'm going to be in Central Park in NYC at midnight with Mary Ann for a 4-mile NYRR fun run. Most people who I tell that to look at me like I have lobsters coming out of my ears but I'm sure you all will understand. Starting the year off with a run in Central Park, I can't imagine a better way to start the year! And, for the record, I'm staying far away from Times Square!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

I'm getting closer and I think I can still make it.

If you could do 8 milers the next two days, you'll do it! Can you? Good luck! I think you can.