2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 3 - 9 January 2011 (Read 401 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie: Good long run for you today!  Have you tried icing your AT? When mine is acting up, I do that a couple times a day, plus stretching and massage. Possibly it's your PF that's the source? Have you rolled your foot around on a tennis ball to see if it's tight or painful? It if is, it could be causing the pull on the AT.

PerfesserR: I can't figure out what your new avatar is

Weather update: Woke up to snowingSurprised It's only 33F, but the flakes are falling fast - a couple inches in a short time. There was a prediction for "flurries," which of course I didn't believe.

It's a locked (occupied) portajohn. Hence, imminent catastrophe!

We're trying to get home before the snow/sleet/ice hits. Most flights to ATL cancelled. Our dogsitter can't come by once the snow starts so we REALLY have to get home. Imminent catastrophe. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Flurries here also seem to have turned into a mini blizzard... Today I ran 4x400m at 5k pace - an interval run per my (weights) trainer. I hope you arrived at home safely Perfesser - I recommend a good glass of red wine, oatmeal cookie and some knitting. A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Flurries here also seem to have turned into a mini blizzard... Today I ran 4x400m at 5k pace - an interval run per my (weights) trainer. I hope you arrived at home safely Perfesser - I recommend a good glass of red wine, oatmeal cookie and some knitting. A

What have I missed about Russ - knitting??

Ayola: my afternoon plan includes oatmeal muffins, tea, and embroidery - after somehow persuading DH to go for a 4 mile walk with me. It's still coming down as snowflakes, but not adding to the accumulation on the ground at the moment since it's almost 35F now.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Good news.

1. We made it home before the snow and ice hit. In the next two days, almost all flights were cancelled and there were a grand total of 3 seats available on ALL airlines into Atlanta (due to the incoming snow/ice storm), and we got 2 of those. So we're home now and the doggies are happy. I don't know what we would have done if we hadn't gotten those last remaining seats.

2. We returned home to a message that Daisy's biopsy was negative--no malignancy. Yay! The removed gland was, however, chronically obstructed and inflamed so needed to be removed anyway. So, all is well. Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone!

I'm still kind of sore in the quads, since there was so much nasty downhill on that race.

MTA: Knitting: I spent a year in England when I was 8 years old and guess what they taught as part of the official curriculum--knitting! Yes, I learned to knit in English public schools, so at one time I could do that. Can't remember any of it now, though. Although I do know about the red wine!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Glad you made it home safe Russ, and congrats on another great race.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Have the day off from work today. Love running in the daylight; although the actual 5-miles today wasn't very fun. Snow-covered, footprint-rutted bike trail - spent more time looking where to put my feet than at any scenery.

Hey, Dutchie, I wore the CW-X Pro shorts under my cold-weather running pants today for the first time. It was 25F and they actually kept my butt warm. I think you suggested that to me before I got them, but hadn't had the cold weather to try it out til now.

PerfesserR: so happy for you on all counts - made it home before the snow,  Daisy's good news,  you rockin' the runCool

Heffa: How are you feeling since your stomach flu?  Have you been out on your new running trail? Is it snow-covered?

Just joined the club.  Make that another international member. Also from NZ......hi NZrun.

Did just over 1700 last year so want to just be a bit more consistant throughout the year - less downtime due to being lazy :-)

My distance is up at the moment as just starting to peak for the 2011 Killer 30 km mountain run.  Haven't done much offroad so probably gonna be a struggle

Reading about all this snow for everyone else makes me feel kind of jealous.  Been low to mid 20s celsius here for most of my runs, plus humid.  Really been a struggle to stay hydrated.

2011Goals

• Be more consistant.
                • Complete Rotorua Marathon in under 4 hours (4:20 2009, 4:40 2010 - ouch)
                • Do at least two half marathons this year
                • Be more grateful to my marathon widow
                • Get to a more ideal weight and stay there

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Welcome, pukekura! It's a small group but very friendly. The snow here has been very unusual, it's beautiful but very inconvenient. 

Today I did 3 on the treadmill, then took cancer-free Daisy for a run to the mailbox (which for us is a mile round-trip). Trouble is, Daisy thinks she's a sled-dog and tries to pull me up and down icy hills. And we had a couple of packages, so on the return trip I had Daisy's leash in one hand and two packages in the other, Daisy pulling me down the snowy/icy roads. It was not easy, but it was fun. 

HappyFeat

Big Hugs to Daisy. She's a happy girl today.

Welcome, pukekura. We have a fair game of chase the bunny going on here.

Did you mean you ran over 1700 miles last year? Trounced our little bunny then, for sure!

Big Hugs to Daisy. She's a happy girl today.

Welcome, pukekura. We have a fair game of chase the bunny going on here.

Did you mean you ran over 1700 miles last year? Trounced our little bunny then, for sure!

Nah, I always work in kilometers.  Makes it seem further that way Big grin

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff