2000Km-1243 mile club

Report your race here (Read 201 times)

...---...

Well, I did etter than I had hoped...especially after being sick this past week. 5K - 28:18. I was shooting for 29:59 so I'm pretty happy with this. My legs could have gone harder at the end but I ran out of wind and thought, for a breif moment, that I could hurl. Hope everyone's race or run went well today!!!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Nicely done! Mine's here: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/7acbe284063940199e75ce697916e90c It looks like I won't beat the bunny this year, unless I catch him from behind in the fall. No running for at least a couple weeks for me. Daisy will be very jealous of Hobbes in the meantime...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Superb race report. My buddy down the street, the one who has been talking about doing this one next year, will appreciate the info too. If you beat the bunny, you'll probably leave the group for another...and we wouldn't want that. This is a nice little forum with good people. Hobbes is ready for a run, so I suppose I'll get ready for that. Have a good recovery. I'll post up my SF bridge run experience later in the week - if the weather holds (big pacific storm still hanging in there).

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Great running Trey. You beat your goal for the 5K! Congrats Clowning around Isn't Aaron supposed to run a race this weekend too? Or was that someone else?

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Perfesser: sounds like a great race. And a scenic route too. Cool that you were running with Haile Smile Do you live in Dubai or were you just there for the race? What was your time? Or did I miss that in your race report?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Great running Trey. You beat your goal for the 5K! Congrats Clowning around Isn't Aaron supposed to run a race this weekend too? Or was that someone else?
              Power of Q and BaldMike that I knew of...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

Well, I PR'ed today. I ran an official 1:44:13 on the clock, my watch was a 1:43:59. I was 14 seconds off the start line. I PR'ed my October half marathon by over 5 minutes. Cold start and never warmed up, 34 degrees today in South Georgia. Nice run Trey!!!!!!!! over 1:30 faster than plannedal ways great! Perfesser i am going to read yours now.
                PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

A Saucy Wench

nice job Trey, perfesser and mike! I would love to do someplace exotic like Dubai... I am getting antsy for a race, but base building, base building base building. Yaaaawwwwn

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, I was just there for a few days, I managed to schedule a business trip, so airfare and hotel were taken care of. I love it when a plan comes together! I did forget to mention my time, it was 3:53:50, and I had just wanted to go sub-4 so it was a good run. Trey, I just saw how hilly that 5k was--that's a really good time in the hills. good job! BaldMike, You ran Callaway Gardens--Nice job on the PR! My wife (who is known as Mary Ann here) ran it as well. Nice t-shirt!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Congratulations to everyone else here on their performances. That dubai race looks fun. Perfessor, did you run Dublin or something last year? I seem to remember seeing a report. That looked neat, too. I just checked your log, it was Loch Ness I was thinking of. I like that your reports always have great pictures! I ran a mile race on an indoor track on Sunday! I used a watch that I don't normally run with (305 usually) so messed up the stop button at the end. I think I ran about 5:39, which I'm pretty pleased with. I had a heck of a kick left when I started going with 70m to go, so I think I can definitely run it a few seconds (5-10 maybe?) faster even in my current shape. So yeah, that's my first sub-six mile since 2000 or so. Yay!

sean

BaldMike

Perfesser- Yes, the Callaway T-Shirts are nice, it will look nice with my leather jacket riding my motorcycle! How did your wife do in the race? I ran with a women from Columbus GA named Debbie, she pushed me along and I pushed her along. We both had PR's. SHe ended up getting 3rd place in her Age group and I missed 3rd place by 43 seconds! DARN IT! Next time though........... I read your Dubai race recap, what an event.
                        PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.