2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly Check in Aug 31-Sep 6 (Read 383 times)

Back from my race for a little while.  Went and got a massage and now I am back out to the Black Crows concert.  Just a quick note on my results (full race report to follow).  My PR was 1:35:35 so my goal was to beat that.  I trained for a 1:32:00 but had a stretch goal of breaking 1:30:00.  I had an awesome race and managed a very comfortable 1:29:43.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice race! Exceeding expectations is nice. Let's hope it's a trend.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Wow, Heff. Awesome.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Easy 6.4 mile taper run today. Wow, Central Park was crowded with runners, it was like Peachtree down there. OK, that's an exaggeration but there were lots of runners. After I finished I felt like, is that all? I'm just getting warmed up! I've been doing so many long runs here that it felt strange to stop after "only" 6 miles but I'm not complaining! I still have some soreness in both calves but nothing serious.

Heh, when I dug my running clothes out of the suitcase they were nasty. Phewwww!  They hadn't aired out after yesterday's 12-miler and man they stunk so bad I didn't dare take the elevator for fear I'd asphyxiate some poor tourist.

I'll have to pack a different set for each running day from now on.

MTA: Heffa and Trey, how do you feel today?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Ditto on the nice races you guys!

I hadn't run for 3 days and on Sunday I ran about 10.5 with some friends in 9:02s which was incredibly fast for me.   I am racing next Saturday and should be able to run the 12.4 miles no problem.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)