2000Km-1243 mile club

Sorry, Hank. Hi everybody (Read 218 times)

Gig

I was just bemoaning the fact that there's no group for people shooting for that ether between 1,000 and 1,500, and the Teresa told me about this group. It's a lot smaller than the 1,000 Mile group, but you guys are really active. Anyway, I wanted to say "Hi," and sorry for bumping Hank down to page 2. But I start my taper after this weekend, so I'll probably fall behind before I make another push later in the year. So, HI! Big grin

A Saucy Wench

hi!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Hi back at ye, Gig. Running a marathon soon? Which one?

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Gig - awesome. Hi.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Hiya Gig....now you are back on my tail and I have to keep running...DANG! Welcome and perhaps we can cross this virtual line this year. It's a really nice group of kids here!
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Gig! Glad you found the group. Good luck getting to 2000k!

Imminent Catastrophe

Welcome Gig. It's a small but friendly group. BTW I have no chance of making 2000km this year but so far I haven't been voted off the island Clowning around

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Gig

Wow! I'm really feeling the love here. Big grin I'm signed up for the Rehoboth Beach Marathon on November 22. It should be a flat, fast course. I'm shooting to break 4 hours, which I'm feeling really good about. Today I ran 16 miles. It was supposed to be 20, but I tried to break in new shoes. About 8 miles into my run, it occurred to me that 8 miles is probably the upper limit for a run to break in new shoew. By mile 14, my feet were in a lot of pain. I think I'll like the shoes, but I have to learn to tie them, I guess. For the past month or so, I've been thinking more and more about sleeping in on Sunday mornings, so 2000k might lose that conflict. But I'll try. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool, Gig. Keep us updated on your progress and the race, I'd like to do a Delaware race someday and would like to hear what you think of Rehoboth. I've been battling a chronic injury for months now and this group has kept me going, although I have developed a strange craving for moosemeat... Tongue

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cool, Gig. Keep us updated on your progress and the race, I'd like to do a Delaware race someday and would like to hear what you think of Rehoboth. I've been battling a chronic injury for months now and this group has kept me going, although I have developed a strange craving for moosemeat... Tongue
                      Perfesser, the NEXT time we hit a moose, I'll send you some meat! Dead
                      Dutchie42

For the past month or so, I've been thinking more and more about sleeping in on Sunday mornings, so 2000k might lose that conflict.
                        When I run 20K+ long runs on Sunday, I always sleep in. For me that means instead of getting up at 4h45 I get up at 7AM. I always feel like my day is too short though since I loose two hours.

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.