2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 9 - 15 August (Read 391 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Just starting the week. Internet is incredibly slow then interrupts so I make this short.

5.2K yesterday and 8.8K this morning.

Hope everyone  has a great week

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

I am trying to get back into my running and had a great 5 mile run in the fog.  Cool and nice.  Sprinted and walked.  This was a particularly schizophrenic run.  I haven't checked but I am no doubt way behind you Dutchie and Perfessor
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      HappyFeat

Still on the running every other day schedule, tonight is my yoga night. So naturally I got home from a hard day at the office and started off with a glass of wine - may be two since I have to keep fixing every other word already!...I dunno..this insomnia has me so tired all I want to do is have some wine and go to bed!

But anyway, I'm actually thinking of signing up for a HM in the Fall. I'm ran 8 miles a few days ago; why not 13 in 2 months?  With my ongoing bursitis, I'd just be looking at completing it, not a PR.  I'm thinking of the Black Diamond HM on 9/26 in Enumclaw, WA because it's only a few hours away, sounds scenic - it's in Nolte State Park, which I've never heard of, and is pretty small - I'm not partial to huge events. I looked at last year's results and I think there were only 8 entrants in my age group! Now I just need to find a nice B&B to stay at and sell my DH on the plan.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

This week so far...

Monday: regular spinning class - I like this instructor - he emphasizes endurance

Tuesday morning: one hour with the trainer - legs, chest and back

Tuesday afternoon: a terrible three mile run which was mostly walking - humidity of the chart and my legs were toast from last week's long run OR spin class OR weight training who knew.

Wed afternoon: better five mile run - I stretched after miles 1 and 2 and then all was better - now I suspect spin class for the soreness as it was my calves mainly (my weakest link) that were malfunctioning - gotta get out the foam roller again.

Today: REST

Happy: Sounds like a perfect vacation. I wonder if we should get a B&B for my race so that hubby can sleep in while I run... I haven't informed him that we will be leaving the house at 6am yet!

Have a great Thursday, A

Recalculating...

Just a dude.

My week has been pretty good so far...

Up tempo 8 on Monday

Easy 10.5 Tuesday

Hilly 9.5 last night

All with about 2 miles in the morning...

I'm feeling like I am really making progress the last couple weeks... I think the injuries are behind me and I've been holding myself back a bit.  Finding faster paces just as easy (or sometimes easier) than the ones I was used to...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Saturday morning - looks perfect outside -  off for an 8 miler.

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

10 miles today. Last one was hard of course; right calf gave up on me started aching; then top of right IT band/hip started twinging.  Plus it was frickin' hot. I survived though. Now I'm going to be very brave and go sit in a ice bath - never done that before.

Imminent Catastrophe

Easy 2.4 mile tune-up for tomorrow. Nice and cool in Anchorage, that's a nice change!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

How did "Humpys" come by its name? Good luck tomorrow, PerfesserR! Can't wait to hear all about it

Imminent Catastrophe

Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse is the title sponsor.

I'm glad you asked. Apparently the pink salmon is also known as the humpback or "humpy". I just looked that up.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Perfesser: run like the wind today Go go go

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Good luck Perfesser!

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks everyone! It was a cool, foggy/cloudy day, great weather for a marathon. I managed a 4:23 which I thought was OK considering how undertrained I was, and ran a fairly even pace. I had a low point at mile 18, which was my longest training run, but recovered by 20 and ran the last 10k a bit faster, even with some hills. Considering I was wearing a boot 6 weeks ago it's all good. Anyway, Alaska is done. Longer RR to follow.

Dog-Love

Perfessor: Glad you had a good run.  I just came from Fairbanks through Anchorage and now back home in Juneau and the Juneau weather for once is way warmer than the northern cities.  You are right on the humpies named after their shape they get when they get ready to spawn.

I hiked a strenuous 13 mile hike up Mount McGinnis yesterday and today I am super-sore from the downhill.  Good training for an upcoming relay race.  My leg is 14 miles with some nice hills

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              HappyFeat

Hey Perfesser! couldn't be more thrilled with how well you ran Humpy's. Three cheers for YOU! Hard to believe you were wearing a boot not too long ago. 

To keep my spirits up with this ongoing every other day running, I've signed up for the Black Diamond HM in Enumclaw, WA Sept. 26. I'm not running that distance currently, but I did run 10 last Saturday. I'll try 12 this weekend, even if I have to walk/run. I'm confident I can run the full HM distance in a month. What I don't know is what speedier pace won't set off the bursitis (worse than the small amount I already aggravate it). I'm playing with that a bit now, edging towards 11 mpm for parts of my running.