2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 23 - 29 August (Read 406 times)

Dutchie42

Hi guys,

New week, let's make it a good one!

Did a 55 min UB w/o and a 20 min LB w/o. Haven't done abs yet

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

I have plans for a weight work out today.  Its raining and I ran longish yesterday so am ready to rest my legs a bit.  Amping up for a 14 mile leg of a 10 person relay on Sept 11 so I better get on it.  Will run 1200s tomorrow.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Dutchie42

My heart wasn't in it today. Told myself only 20 minutes...

Started with a warm up: 1km@9K/h with no less than 3 breaks to stretch my very tight calfs. Then to make up for the breaks, 7 min@10K/h, followed by another break to stretch my calfs. I so was not in the mood....
        Well, I was supposed to do some inclines so I did 1 min @ 3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3% with no recoveries inbetween. Followed by 3min@9K/h as a recovery, and 4min@10K/h just cause I felt like it. Hmm, starting to get in the mood now.
        Break for water.
        Then 3 min@9K/h, and another "hill": 1 min@ 3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3%.
        Another break for water and recovery. I'm gonna finsih this run as planned!
        Then ran a few minutes@9K/h till I reached 50 minutes total, increased speed again and ran @10K/h till I finished the full 9K I had planned for today.

Finished the workout with a 25min LB. Legs feel really nice now.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Well... Yay...

Last night I crossed 1500 miles for the year...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HappyFeat

Well... Yay...

Last night I crossed 1500 miles for the year...

-Kelly

Way to go, Kelly!! Yaaay!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Russ - I had a bad run on Sunday also.  I planned on a 14 miler but it just wasn't there.  I thought the hills and relative altitude from my PA and OH trip might pay off but the heat just crushed me.

Today I had a much better effort.  75F and rain instead of 90F and sun, I guess it makes a difference.  I did 6 easy miles and felt much better.

Congrats on the milestone Kelly.

I did a double on Monday - spin class in the morning and 4.5 run in the afternoon on a new route - worked out surprisingly well. Tuesday afternoon - chest, back and abs with trainer. Today rest!

Kelly:
                Wow!

A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Killer trail run of 12+ miles at Dawson Forest WMA, this is where a 100-mile/50-mile/50k race will be held next March, I may enter one of the 50's and I wanted to check out the trails. They're good trails with some hard technical sections, creek crossings, rocks, roots, and ruts chewed up pretty well by horses. I kept up a pretty hard effort (despite the 13:24/mile pace) and by the end, with the terrain and the heat/humidity I was really fried and anything faster than a walk redlined my HR.  . This is what I need to do to get ready for the trail races I've planned, cruising along on paved roads won't do it!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

How do you manage to do all this traveling and work too, PerfesserR? Are you retired? wondering

I ran 8 on my "rolling hills" route last night. It was as hard as the 12 last weekend. I'm wondering if it's the "rolling hills" part of it - too much too soon perhaps. I felt good and strong while running them, but the later miles I got a sharp constant pain inside right knee but  not really coming from the knee. The adductor or something like that seems tight as a bowstring and hurts to touch; so I think it was hurting where it attaches to the knee. I changed my stride slightly for the 8th mile last night and the knee pain eased up, but everything else hurt by then. I plan to take 2 rest days and run 10 on Saturday on a flat route and see how it goes. I sure hope my legs grow to like the "rolling hills" route because it is really lovely and I wish I could run there every time.

Dog-Love

Ran the annual B eat the Odds race for the Cure this morning.  I hat 5Ks...they hurt.  My daughter came in 2nd overall (22:16) and I came in something like 20th (25:58).  Great way to start the day.  I am hoping for a slow and steady 9 miler tomorrow.  You guys are doing great

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      HappyFeat

Just in from my planned 10-miler. It's  gorgeous out there, 80 degrees of blazing sunshine, but I was prepared with my Hammer Heed and ran through a couple sprinklers too.  This route had no hills and consequently it was relatively pain-free; so I may limit my "rolling hills" route for now. I figured out my knee pain is from my quad tightening up and had to stop and strech that several times, but it resolved the issue; so it's all good.  I walked one minute out of about 5 of the miles just for GP and I think that was a good idea.

Did I already tell you I signed up for a HM on Sept 26? I felt like I needed a goal to give me more focus. Right now, I would be happy to simply run the distance comfortably and pain-free. 

Dutchie42

HappyFeat: nice goal that. The half won't be a problem for you. Take care of those quads though.

Crabby: that's a really great finish time for a 5K. In my dreams...

Kelly: I missed it. Congrats on crossing the 2000K. My fingers are jealous. I had to type that number 3 times before I got it right Big grin

Perfesser: I'm so envious of your trails. We don't have that here. Anywhere. I'd have to drive to Belgium. Which I might have to do if I decide to run that solar eclipse marathon. Not sure yet. It seems like a really tough run. Up to 15% ascent!

My week didn't go so well. This staycationing thing is ruining me. I have no routine, no structure to my day and things are starting to go wrong. I missed two runs this week (1x10K and 1x13K). Defeating my goal of making 250K this month, sigh. In all fairness, the bad rain storms we've been having all week didn't do much for my motivation. Ah well, I still do better than last month.

Today was the beast of the week: 24.52 very slooooow kilometers (3h05). They forecasted rain storms and thunder/lightning for today. So I left the house early, hoping to make it back before the storm hit. No such luck ofcouse.
                          I was doing alright, my legs were fine, though my R-leg felt a little funny. Did better than last week by any measure.
                          During the whole run these dark threatening clouds were moving in. In the last 5 kilometers the wind suddenly picked up and felt much colder coming of the lake. Really like one second it was "OK", the next the wind was much more forceful, pushing me sideways. And it started to rain. As I went into the last 3.5K, all I could think of was getting to the tree line (a full kilometer away). That would get me out of that wind. It felt so good to finally get there. Didn't notice the wind much after that. But as I got home I felt really really cold. Even a nice hot shower didn't really warm me up. It's just one of those day again.

Dutchie

Boy, would I love to run a 25:00 5K!

Got through the long run yesterday, 12.85 miles due to poor navagation on my part. I did it as a 9:1 run/ walk. My pace was good through mile 9 (lots of hang ups with the tourists downtown mostly 11:40 m/m) then I really got a bit hot and tired and slowed down. I felt fine afterward and went for a long walk to pick up dinner later that night - hubby had a reunion with college buddies so I had the couch and TV to myself!

Today I warmed up on the elliptical and stretched, I noticed my feet and ankles were a little swollen today, very weird. Its hot here (30ºC) maybe that's it - I'm trying to hydrate as much as possible.

Picking up more running vs cross training now, HM is 6 weeks away.

Happy sunday, A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Thanks you all.  I live in a town of super fast runners so I always feel sluggish but in reality sub 26 minute 5Ks are just great!  I ran a slow 14 miler with a friend who is training for a marathon and I guess also for me who needs to runa 14 mile leg for a relay race in about 2 weeks.  Always more fun than speedy!

Good luck training for the half ayola...Is it in Nova Scotia or have I not been paying attention?

Dutchie you are a high milage gal!  I  remember when you and me used to run together virtually that is

Imminent Catastrophe

7 miles in humid Miami. Heat acclimation continues. Fairly good run and the new Garmin 310XT seems to be working well, tested the "return to start" feature for when I get lost on the trails, and it seemed to work. 

Hey, upon further review, that was a 9:20 pace. I didn't think I was going that fast (hey, that's fast for me on an "easy" run). And GPS elevation data really is not good. 

MTA: And that put me over 100 miles for the month, so that's something.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016