2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 2 August - 8 August (Read 425 times)

Happy Monday!

Its a holiday here in Halifax, so I'm making chicken stock and food prepping for the week at a leisurely pace. 5.6 miles this beautiful morning on a crowded boardwalk (tourists get up early). My legs are still a little jello like from Friday's weight training and walking around in heels last night.

Tues: 1 hr weight training with PT and I'm adding in a 3 mile run later in the afternoon - time to start adding in some more miles

Wed: spin class

Thurs: resting up for long run on the weekend.

How's it going for you?

A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Evening all

Did a 5.5 kilometer recovery run on the treadmill this morning on remarkably fresh legs. I still have strength training to do after dinner, but dinner isn't ready yet, so don't know...

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Had a 7 kilometer interval run planned.

First 2 kilometers were short intervals @ 10K/h, with many breaks to stretch my calfs. Darn they were tight again. Then 1 kilometer @10K, another break and stretch, followed by 2 kilometers @10K, short recovery break and the last 2 kilometers@10K. Finished with 100 meters each @ 9.5/9.0/8.5K and I was done with today's run. Walked it off for another 3 minutes.

Added on a 20min LB w/o (lunges, squats, deadlifts) and a nice stretch.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

I ran my favorite 8K trail with my favorite running buds and am still quite sore.  Will keep at it though
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Dutchie42

I've been waking up at 3AM for the past 4 days. And be wide awake. Not sleeping for hours. The first two days even still being awake when the alarm went off. This morning I felt so exhausted I slept thru the alarm and didn't wake up till 6h30ish. Missed my 90 minute run ofcourse, I could do it tomorrow and just skip my run today. I may have to cause I just had a pizza for dinner. You think I can run after an hour? Can be an easy run, maybe 30 minutes? Or will the pizza come out again? I've never done well running after dinner. I would always have some type of stomach upset. Ah well, I'll just have to wait and see.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

That's one thing I have been blessed with... I can eat pretty much anything and run right after...  In fact, if I run right after work, I prefer to eat a bit of something before I go out... I do better with something sitting in there... can be pretty much anything...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HappyFeat

I've been waking up at 3AM for the past 4 days. And be wide awake. Not sleeping for hours. The first two days even still being awake when the alarm went off. .

You too!!!  I've never had any trouble sleeping, but I feel like I haven't slept since last week! It's the worst thing ever! It seems to be going around. I have a coworker who is having the same issue since last week as well.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I'm on the opposite program lately. I slept mostly all of 10 hours last night! I made it through the double workout on Tuesday (weight training in the morning and run in the afternoon - how does Dutchie do it?) and spin class with hubby yesterday afternoon and I'm tired. The cross training is kicking my butt - I hope I'm getting stronger...

Rest (for the body) today - gotta get a lot done at the office today.

Short run tomorrow

Saturday 12 miles!

Happy Thursday, A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Ayola: don't be so hard on yourself. I've been doing it since forever. Before I started my second running life, I used to strength train for an hour, than go to a TaeKwonDo class or a high intensity/high impact step class. I've always been an intensity junkie and I just don't know any better. For you it's a new schedule and your body (and mind) need time to adjust. Give it time. And don't forget, about 3 days every month I sort of crash and need like 10 hours of sleep. Though that has a more female related reason

Happy Feat: last night I went to bed an hour later than usual and that seemed to have helped. I managed to sleep thru the night. But only got 6 hours.

Today was chest/back and a 1h30 run on the TM. My calfs were absolutely obnoxious today. They kept getting really tight and I had to stop and stretch. I could run for about 2-3 minutes at a time. When I realised it wasn't getting any better, I just turned it into some sort of interval run: I tried to make it to 3 minutes at "high" speed before I had to stretch. Fitness wise I was fine, but my darn calfs... It wasn't till the last 30 minutes that I finally managed to run for about 5-7 minutes at a time. I think I need to get the foam roller out every day. This is getting really annoying.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

I took an antihistamine tablet last night to make me sleep, and did, but apparently not well. I  feel more exhausted than ever in my life. I'm planning to skip running tonight and go to bed early - taking the antihistamine again. Hope to recoup my energy and run tomorrow night.

Imminent Catastrophe

Wow, the 2-million-meter group seems to be in the doldrums, I know I am. Maybe it's the heat or just the time of year, I'm just not motivated, I really have trouble getting going. I found out that Guayaquil is not a runner-friendly town so got 4 miles on the hotel TM. Then another 2 today. Planning a long run* in NYC Saturday, which I'm actually looking forward to.

*The first time I typed "long ruin". Hopefully not a subconscious prediction. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

So I was sufficiently prodded by the PerfesserR's post to hop on the treadmill and knock out 11265.4 meters since as we all know by now - I'm not sleepy! I opted for the TM in case I was too tired to run I'd be close to home. Surprisingly though I did not feel as tired once I started running as I did at the office. In fact, I added a mile to make it a nice Slow Seven. Here's the view from my TM:

Where can I get that treadmill?

Sleepy and soupy 5K and a walk up the hill in the park this morning.

A

Recalculating...

Yesterday was 5 x 1K intervals in 95F.  It was HOT, but I wanted to get my run in before the thunderstorms came through.  Today was 20 miles on the bike.  Tomorrow is the annual "Mud Run" (it is actually more of a sand run).   We are competing as a corporate team again this year.  We came in first 2 years ago and second last year.  We WILL repeat as champions this year.

Just a dude.

Running has been ok this week...

Did a 5k tonight... My time was only twice Chris Solinsky's... 

Long run tomorrow... if things go as planned I should top 70 again...  

Legs a bit tired and sore... need them to catch up...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...