2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in for week of 14 July (Read 361 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

8.1 today, along the St Charles St. trolley tracks in New Orleans. Not as hot as last time, but still hot. The garden district is really nice, with huge old live oaks and big old houses. This area was relatively undamaged by Katrina. Nice because the tracks are on dirt, but bad because my shoes are now filthy!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

I wouldn't have run in that heat Perfesser. Hat's of to you! Why were you on the TM, Ennay? Too hot outside? ...
      ...Then I caught up with the Badwater webcast: 135 miles, 111°F, the winner ran under 24 hours! Those runners are in a league of their own.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

8.1 today, along the St Charles St. trolley tracks in New Orleans. Not as hot as last time, but still hot. The garden district is really nice, with huge old live oaks and big old houses. This area was relatively undamaged by Katrina. Nice because the tracks are on dirt, but bad because my shoes are now filthy! I ran along that route when I did the NO 1/2 marathon back in Feb. I enjoyed the whole course, even got to run down Bourbon St (there were still partyer's out at 7 am) but I wouldn't want to do that run this time of year. I'm used to 70 degree temps here in the pacific northwest.

Imminent Catastrophe

I ran along that route when I did the NO 1/2 marathon back in Feb...
          there are TONS of Mardi Gras beads all along the way--in the dirt, in the trees, hanging on the telephone lines, everywhere! Clowning around MTA: format

Imminent Catastrophe

A nice 4.8 beach/trail run today. I had no idea where I was going and fortunately didn't get lost!

...---...

managed 11 miles during this past week, not bad for a business trip, and 10.5 today. feet and right calve cramped the last 2 miles...should have hydrated better yesterday and last night. the temp is just brutal today (98) and the humidity this morning was like running in warm soupy air.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12