2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 21-27 June (Read 438 times)

Dutchie42

I cannot wait to have mine!

That's a regular thing you guys have?

Very difficult to move my legs forward today. Lower calfs were tight. Had to stretch a lot. Didn't feel fit at all: lots of walk breaks. Guess I should've had a proper dinner yesterday. But I did finish the whole 5.8 kilometers of it.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

That's a regular thing you guys have?

The recommendation is to have a screening exam once you turn 50.

I'm still putting it off though. It's expensive. DH had it a few years ago and his share of cost was about $800. I can't afford that right now.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Today I only did the scheduled UB w/o: slow&heavy back and shoulders (2/6 count with 1 minute rests inbetween sets). My legs definitely needed a rest. I had 7 consecutive runs, which is the most I've done this year. Plus I did my 2nd ab w/o this week.

Dutchie

I've been feeling a bit tired this week - lots of work for a presentation next Tuesday - and then I looked at my calender and I've done some type of workout every day for 2 weeks. Yesterday, I did run intervals on the treadmill 5X 3 minutes at 9 m/m pace with some warming up and cooling down.

So I'm taking a rest day and "letting" the husband make dinner. Tomorrow and Sunday - some easy 1 hour runs.

A

Recalculating...

Just a dude.

Yay... I ran a slow cautious 8 miles today... Felt rough just cuz I was running slow... I'm kinda encouraged...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Kelly: good on you. Nothing wrong with running slow. Might even be good for you 

Today I took the doggies out for a 5.9 kilometer easy run. I picked an out and back route. Spike was on his best behaviour on the way out, but as soon as I turned round at mid point, he decided it was time for a lot of sniffing and digging and running away. Today was meant to be an easy run, but the second half definitely turned into a doggie run. I was so annoyed after having to go and fetch him that I put him on leash.

I added on a 47 minute slow&heavy triceps and biceps w/o (2/6 count with 1 minute rests inbetween sets). And ofcourse a 10 min ab w/o partly with light weights.

Have a great day and a most excellent run.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Fantastic run this morning. Felt "easy". I was faster than I was last week. So that's good, and my legs didn't feel tired at all. I had the usual breaks for the leash and for letting Spooky splash around in the streams 4x, taking the opportunity to have a sip of water myself each time. I did an out&back route again. Easier when you run by time, and not distance.

1st half = 1:01:04 / 7:14 pace = 8.46 kilometers

2nd half = 1:01:19 / 7:14 pace = 8.46 kilometers

It's weird, but the 1st half I felt like I was running slow, and the 2nd half I felt like I was running too fast. But apparently, I maintained the same pace.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Yesterday, I ran about 4 in the morning and 7 in the evening... finally able to get under 10 min miles without my leg complaining...

Ran a hilly 4.5 this morning...

Hopeful to be able to get a bit aggressive this week... we'll see... Still being really cautious...  Running slow beats not running right now...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Too hot to do anything today.  It was 85F at 7 AM, 100F right now.  Maybe I will try to get some swimming in this evening when the shade gets over the pool.  I spent yesterday rigging my road bike with aero bars and a more aggressive seat position.  I will be waiting until at least tomorrow to give it a try.