2000Km-1243 mile club

July - summer heat (Read 402 times)

Happy, pineapple lumps are pineapple flavoured soft candy chunks coated in chocolate....mmmmm

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Ran today in the "Yazoo Brewery Barley a 4K".  This was an untimed, very casual event sponsored by a local brewery.  For $15 you got a T-shirt and 2 post-race drinks.  Except they decided not to track drinks so you could have as much as you wanted, plus they gave everyone a pint glass, plus there were door-prizes.  Definitely a bargain.  My goals were to complete the 2.5 miles without getting hurt, but I wound up running the whole way non-stop and coming in under 25:00 with no calf pain.  Then the skies opened up so, with the thunder and lightninig, we had no choice but to remain sheltered in the brewery until the weather cleared.

Best. Race. Ever.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Now THAT'S the way to kick off the weekend, BrianBig grin  Sounds like it was sooo much Fun!

I'll be out the door for 10 EZ pace miles this morning.  Those faster miles on Wednesday stressed my lower legs a bit; so no hills or speed happenin' today. 

Skipped my yoga workout last night  and now this morning - best fit it in later today. My back will surely need it after I clear the bed to the right of the front step and relocate the rose and bedding plants from the left side.  We've removed the railing from the front and sides of the porch (it's 14-foot square concrete aggregate pad about 18-inches off the ground)  and are going to put in two 16-inch wide gray Trex steps down to the lawn.  When faced with repainting that railing for the 3rd time so far, it just seemed like a great low-maintenance idea to just get rid of it!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sounds like a fun race Brian!

I got a reality check today, 6.5 miles in Central Park, it was 93° and it kicked my butt, it was really hard and I struggled. Heat acclimation is not fun!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ran today in the "Yazoo Brewery Barley a 4K".  This was an untimed, very casual event sponsored by a local brewery.  For $15 you got a T-shirt and 2 post-race drinks.  Except they decided not to track drinks so you could have as much as you wanted, plus they gave everyone a pint glass, plus there were door-prizes.  Definitely a bargain.  My goals were to complete the 2.5 miles without getting hurt, but I wound up running the whole way non-stop and coming in under 25:00 with no calf pain.  Then the skies opened up so, with the thunder and lightninig, we had no choice but to remain sheltered in the brewery until the weather cleared.

Best. Race. Ever.

Now that is my sort of race Big grin

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Hiya. I'm glad the ankles and knees out there are behaving!

I took an extra rest day yesterday, so I'm off to my long run of the week, this morning - 10 miles to the Marina. Also I've signed up for a backyard badmitton tournament later... Its a holiday weekend here so I may get an extra run in tomorrow if I survive the backyard....

Happy sunday, A

Recalculating...

Thanks for all the rat well wishes.  Rose is doing pretty good.  We had to take her back to DC for an infection on Saturday so I lost a workout day driving.  They cleaned it out and gave us some more meds and at home rinsing kit.  It is very difficult to keep a rat from biting their stitches.  The old dog cone just doesn't work on them.  It is healing pretty well considering.

Russ - Good to see you back in action.

Happy - Your running just keeps getting better, nice work.

A - I just went outside and empty an entire hair spray can in your honor.  Stand by for the warmer temps.

Puke - Not quite the same as my hammer nutrition plan but it sounds a little tastier.

I had my best workout in over a month today.  I'm still taking it very easy on the knee/lower leg so I'm spending a lot of time on the bike.  I did a 10 mile tempo on my bike followed by a very easy 5k running.  Everything felt great!  My current amateur diagnosis is a fibular stress fracture.  I was thinking that the pain on the side of my leg was from compensating for my knee pain (and it may have been), but now that I look at my symptoms as a whole the stress fracture makes sense.  I have had some pretty intense and sharp pains when I touch the side of my leg that I thought was just a muscle strain.