2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in - week of 28 April (Read 204 times)

A Saucy Wench

I soooooo want to remodel my kitchen (currently turquoise tile and whitewashed oak...need I say more? Dead) but the thought of being kitchenless for an extended period of time scares me. Maybe in the summer and plan to do everything on the grill. I could put the microwave in another room too. Either way I figure I'll gain 20 lbs during the process.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sounds challenging, Ennay! At our old house, we decided to redo our only bathroom, because when you sat on the toilet, your knees hit the wall! We were without it for awhile. Fortunately, there was a Dunkin' Donuts down the street that was open 24 hours a day, so we would use the bathroom there. Our first son came two weeks early, and I remember DH scrambling to finish the project after taking me to the hospital! My mom was catching the first available flight, and he wanted the bathroom done for her. Good times! Clowning around
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Haven't checked in for a while. Last week was about 31 miles -- first week in ages where I actually gained on the bunny instead of falling behind. Should have another 30+ week this week. A sense of urgency has crept in now that I have a big 10k race in 4 weeks. It's like I'm cramming for a test all over again! I did a calculation and figured I'll hit 2000km by the end of the year if I can average 26.6mpw the rest of the way this year. Do-able barring injury. The catch-up value for 1500 (33.9) is a little more out of reach.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

You can do it, Jeff! We engineers have to kick the bunny's butt! So you're not Globule now? I'm so confused...
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

So you're not Globule now? I'm so confused...
            I'm always Globule, but I've decided in nickname only.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Getting oh-so-close to this damn bunny. -13.7 miles behind as of right now.

A Saucy Wench

I think I did 6.4 this morning and forgot to post? Soooo tired.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

I am just always right behind the little guy. Think I'll stick to the 1000 mile group as I am kicking his little furry tail. This group is definitely my challenge this year
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I run for Fried Chicken!

I'm still fighting to stay on the 1st page! 6 at the gym tonight. I missed my overall goal of 100 miles a month this month but I'm kinda proud that I still ran 71 miles in April even though I took 2 weeks off. I'm hoping to catch the bunny by the end of May.

A Saucy Wench

10K today Smile

Dog-Love

8 mile race today and I will try to run with my friend tomorrow who is running her last 20+ miler before her marathon. Maybe I'll run 10 with her. Its been a good week! MTA: still behind the bunny though Tongue
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          Did a 10 K race today. Hey Ennay-I see you did a 10k too in almost the same time-way to go! I missed a PR by a few seconds but this was a much tougher course so I felt pretty good about it.
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

31.4 miles for me this week. This week I will lighten up, since I have a 5k race on Sunday I would like to do well in. Great job on the 10k races, guys!
                              28.5 so far, with 4-5 planned for later today.

A Saucy Wench

Ran 16 today. I had promised a friend I would try to run as much of the 16 with her as I could, wasnt sure how my legs would be after the 10K yesterday. She ended up getting sick at 13 miles and we started walking back to my house where she was parked (at that point we were only about 1/2 mile from my house) and I decided to finish the 16. Feel pretty good.