2000Km-1243 mile club

SF Marathon Course added to maps (Read 175 times)

...---...

Anne - or anyone else that's interested.

I added the SF Marathon map to this group (I assume you can use this as a course when reporting your mileage). It's a bit off, in terms of distance, but close enough for amateur work. I trust the elevations in the map more than most of the Garmin data I've been able to find. Let me know if you see errors.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

One obvious problem is the portion on the bridge. It looks like the Google map shows that as sea level. Obviously it's a gradual climb to the middle of the bridge then a gradual descent to the Marin end, then a somewhat steeper climb to the Marin visitor center. BTW there was a timing mat there when I ran and some people who used the visitor center bathrooms missed it. I don't know if they were DQ'ed for that. Just FYI.

Then mirror image back across the bridge.

Also, in addition to what Anne said, from 10-11.5 is a long sweeping downhill then a fairly good uphill to the Park. Aside from that it looks pretty good.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AnneCA

That looks good, Trey, although, yeah, the underlying database is obviously missing some elevation data at the ends of the bridge there.  I think I've encoutered that before when mapping bridge routes. 

I ran from almost mile 24-end over lunch last week.  I think there will be some fresh asphalt for us -- right now it's that rough underlayer concrete, with only one direction open to traffic.  It's an odd part of town -- lots of new office buildings with nothing else around, mixed in with empty lots.  Great time to be trying to lease out a newly-constructed office building, right?  Has the feeling of a ghost town; a shiny glass and concrete ghost town.  Almost makes me wonder if they will be paving that section -- the part that was closed off had those tall thin bollard-type cones with orange police-tape style plastic tape tied between them, except it was all tattered and broken, like it had been there for a while.  It leant to the office park ghost town vibe, that's for sure. 

Thanks for the tip about the timing mat near the visitor's center restroom!

...---...

Thanks for catching the elevation outages. No worries.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12