2000Km-1243 mile club

December 2012 (Read 251 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

5 miles on the TM today puts me at 1999.9 miles. On purpose. I'll finish up tomorrow on my very favorite trail, the Wildwood to the Portland (OR) Zoo.. And, yes, I'm planning on more than 0.1 mile. There's no way I was going to finish up on the treadmill!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

5 miles on the TM today puts me at 1999.9 miles. On purpose. I'll finish up tomorrow on my very favorite trail, the Wildwood to the Portland (OR) Zoo.. And, yes, I'm planning on more than 0.1 mile. There's no way I was going to finish up on the treadmill!

1999.99 !!! That's a very impressive number all by itself!  Are you one of those shooting for 2012 in 2012? Have fun tomorrow!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Did you all have a very merry Xmas?

I didn't get one run in... too much cooking/baking, too much food, not enough hours in my bed, it just wasn't happening!

ETA: managed a 30 min run/walk on the TM this morning.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

--

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

duplicate post. The internet in this hotel sucks big time.

Imminent Catastrophe

12.1 miles on the Wildwood Trail in Portland. I was going to do a short run to just put me over 2000 but some knucklehead troublemaker mentioned "2012  in 2012" so I ran 12.1 to make exactly 2012 miles. I'm done for 2012.  Happy New Year everyone!

HappyFeat

12.1 miles on the Wildwood Trail in Portland. I was going to do a short run to just put me over 2000 but some knucklehead troublemaker mentioned "2012  in 2012" so I ran 12.1 to make exactly 2012 miles. I'm done for 2012.  Happy New Year everyone!

2012 in 2012 -  Sweeeet!Big grin

I ran 12 today too, but not as quickly as you did - nor with as much fun.

In fact I only really enjoyed the first half.  I wore my new fuel belt which I discovered sits very high on the waist and the bottle isn't slanted enough, so I need to be a contortionist to get the bottle out. Then my right achilles tightened up in the last 4 miles or so - ugh!

Okay - I saw what you did there Puke!!! All in one day??? Can I get some details? Congratulations on beating the bunny - ALL IN ONE DAY!  No messin' around, no sirree! Awesome! That's gotta feel good.

Well, got sick of mucking around and pulled finger and as Sir Edmund Hillary once said, I knocked the bastard off.

Woke up Saturday morning needing to do a 1/2 marathon to get past the 2000, so picked one of my favourite runs I hadn't done for for a while, and headed out the door.

Didn't start too well as 500 m down the road came across 3 escapees from the local horse stud.  So had to spend 5 minutes trying to herd horses, (dumber than sheep) and when that didn't work, running around trying to find the owners.  Finally found them and the horses missed out in becoming dog tucker.

After that, ran too fast for then next 16 km, on a hot humid day, which was a bad move.  Ended up struggling home, but 25 km in the log.

Recovered with an 11 km run into town and back to drop off the rental DVD

To be honest, I had sort of lost my mojo of late, had been struggling to get out the door, but the challenge of passing the bunny got me motivated.  Now got to build up my distance for my next race in about 7 weeks.  Happy new year all.  Lets see if I can be first one to log some distance in the new year, sort of helps with the date line in my favour :-)

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Well that was a fine effort and an even better outcome for the year's total mileage, Puke. What is the distance of your upcoming race?

I guess it depends on how you celebrate New Year's Eve whether you are the first to log some miles on January 1.Smile

Personally, I'd like to run at midnight to kick off the new year. You'd still be ahead of me no matter what time you ran on New Years Day. So it's up to you...we're counting on you to start us all off....

MTA: never mind...nothing new...just removed a "no picture" thingy that was there when I was checking if my new signature motto "took."