2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in for week of 21 July (Read 269 times)

Dutchie42

New week people. Make it a good one Wink Everyone had a nice weekend? What have you been up to? Did a 6.5K run with Spooky this morning. Glad she's back. And a 30min. chest workout. Should've used heavier weights.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran 7mi tonight after a full 5 days off. Felt good, I think I needed the rest. My Chicago trip was okay, the weather wasn't all that great, I got pickpocketed and in general, I just wasn't all that crazy about the city. It was a good visit but I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon.
      Dutchie42

Aaron: sorry you got pick pocketed. That really sucks! Hope you didn't loose too much. How did your wife enjoy the city? Did a back w/o, followed by 10K on the road with Spooky. Mr and Mrs Fox did their morning stroll as we came around the bend. Luckily Spooky was on leash cause she had been misbehaving just 5 minutes before. A little further up the road I saw something that looked like a big cat with a white tipped tail. It was pretty far away so couldn't see properly what it was. And ofcourse all the birds in the field were very interesting for Spooky. Mr and Mrs Heron took off when we got too close. When we got to the dike, no ducks in the water. Probably because of the rain. Yes it was raining, again. Not too bad though. All in all, a nice run. I added a 20min leg w/o when we got home. Work's been crazy. Boss is off on vacation as of tomorrow. That should give me some time to catch up on work Big grin

Dutchie

Ringmaster

Ducks. I miss ducks. Don't have many left down in Florida. Sorry about your bad experience in Chicago. Been doing good on mileage but I might slow down here for a week b/c I think I pulled something and I might want to rest it up a bit so I can train for my half right. Don't want to end up hurting it worse. So, instead of 8 on Monday did 6, and forcible rest day today. Might even rest again tomorrow. Ugh. I hate taking two days off. I know the bunny takes no days off!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I did 4 miles yesterday, and the humidity made it hard. I even walked a couple of minutes, blech. Today my ankle is slightly irritated, so I headed to the Y and did the stationary bike for 20 minutes and the arc trainer for 35. Made the kids happy, because I took them, too, and they swam in the pool.

Imminent Catastrophe

I was planning 6.2 today but extended it to 8.8 because I didn't run yesterday. It was a pretty good run, but I'm getting tired of this heat and humidity. The new GPS watch is pretty cool, though. DW and I are trying to decide whether to do the Run With The Horses in Wyoming August 23--me the marathon and she the HM or 10k. It sounds really nice and scenic and I've wanted to do it for the last couple years, but my base mileage isn't enough for a good marathon so it would be a "just survive and finish" type of run and I feel kind of guilty doing that.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Decided on intervals this morning. First a 1.25K warm up. Followed by 6x185 meter intervals, walking back to my starting point, which gave me a chance to catch my breath. Spike and Spook were doing the intervals with me. I timed the last interval: 47 seconds. Man I'm slow! Finished with a 1.25K easy run back. You think I get faster if I do this once a week?

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

You think I get faster if I do this once a week?
                  Yes

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Imminent Catastrophe

5.2 miles on the dreadmill today, I'm just tired of the H's (heat, hills, humidity, hounds). First run in my Five Fingers, and it felt fine. Maybe I'll start wearing them on short outdoor runs. They do look odd, though.

...---...

4.3 tempo run yesterday after work. temperature is lower today so will enjoy the run tonight...weather permitting.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

3.2 easy miles today. on track to hit a monthly high on mileage.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Awesome!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes! Let us know how it goes!

Dutchie42

Gorgeous Morning! Was up before 5AM but felt tired and headachy. Went back to bed and woke up again at 5h45. Felt much better. Figured I'd have an unplanned rest day. But reading the forum on RA and looking outside I changed my mind and went out for a run. Not the planned 12.5K, but 8.5K should still be doable before work. I'll probably be 30min late, but the boss is gone, so who cares Wink Great run. Absolutely beautiful morning. I'm really happy I did go for my run.

Dutchie

...---...

Good for you, Dutchie! I wish I had your motivation for running in the morning. Good news - new monthly high for mileage as of today; 4.9 miles with hill repeats (thursday). Better news - plenty of tim left in he month to improve on that. Also - we've almost cracked the gambas recipe for salmon...more to come soon. Hope everyone is doing well.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12