2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 8 April (Read 181 times)

A Saucy Wench

Friday is my rest day so nothing to post yesterday...although I got in 3.4 miles of pushing a double stroller while running errands...gotta count for something. 8.2 this morning - first really really pretty day. It was still ~ 40 this morning but supposed to be in the 70's today...for just one day. Then back to rain Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Today was the "final" test: a 36K long run with Spooky. I guestimated to run it in 4h30 with a walkbreak for gu and water/sportsdrink every 5K (like I'd do in the marathon). I felt really well till these two steep bridges (bridge no. 4 and 5). You go up one, then down, and immediately up the next one. My legs died and did not come back to life after that. It definitely became hard to keep the pace up after these two. Ofcourse, you know what this means, don't you: I have to go back there next Sunday and conquer these monsters again. Spooky and I had a peeing challenge going on. Spooky won fair and square with 9 pee breaks and one poop break against my 5 pee breeks, no poop break. Ran 9 big bridges in total, 4 small bridges, and a couple of steep humps in the road. 10K = 1:13:53 20K = 2:28:07 30K = 3:45:51 36K = 4:40:22 The last 6K were really hard. My hip/groin area was very tight and my lower back ached. I stopped twice to stretch it out. And had two longish walk breaks at 32 and 34K. My pace also dropped to almost 8min/K. What got to me was not just the distance, but it's the first time since last August that I ran that many bridges, including these two hellish ones and that I ran that much concrete bike paths (almost 3 times as much as I usually do).

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

... Spooky and I had a peeing challenge going on. Spooky won fair and square with 9 pee breaks and one poop break against my 5 pee breeks, no poop break.
        I've been anxiously awaiting those results! Big grin Sounds like you're really ready to go! I'm really having trouble getting in my miles, it's starting to look shaky for Grandma's.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: I so knew you wanted to know LOL Are you too busy to get the miles? BTW, I really don't feel ready. Though it's nice to know I can maintain pace, sort of, for 30K without problems. Have two weeks left before taper to work on my confidence though.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

14.3 today...it was supposed to be 13 but it was soooo nice out. Honestly I almost did more. Felt like I could have done 20 today.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: I so knew you wanted to know LOL Are you too busy to get the miles? BTW, I really don't feel ready. Though it's nice to know I can maintain pace, sort of, for 30K without problems. Have two weeks left before taper to work on my confidence though.
              Partly too busy, lots of travel, partly just lack of motivation. Today I had a good run around Las Vegas, down the Strip and back up Paradise Blvd, 7.4 miles and it felt pretty good, despite it being all on asphalt/concrete and dodging hordes of tourists on the strip. Yuck.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran a 5k in Austin, Texas this morning. 47 degrees! You should have seen the bundled-up people! We hardy Mainers wore shorts and short sleeves. According to my Garmin, I ran 3.17 miles in 30:38 - a 9:40/mile pace. I've never run even one mile that fast! I came in 62 out of 121 women in the 41-50 age group. Average at last! I've never been average at running in my life - I'm usually in the basement. So I'm happy! I was looking forward to running down Congress Avenue, the street that leads to the Capitol. After the race, I realized that I was so focused I didn't pay attention to a single building! My running partner told me that there was a live band close to the Capitol. ?!?! I never even noticed it! That's scary.