2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 12 May (Read 356 times)

Dutchie42

Jeff: don't you risk overtraining running doubles? Didn't someone else run doubles this week too? Anyways, did a 30min LB workout and back, shoulders and abs too today. They're working on my floor. Floor's starting to look nice with the new tiles.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

I run for Fried Chicken!

I've been feeling like I'm getting sick, don't think I've been getting enough sleep. Took a long nap today and then went for a short easy 3 mile run. It has been hot the last few days, it's 6:45pm right now and it's still 86F.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff: don't you risk overtraining running doubles? Didn't someone else run doubles this week too?
        I think once or twice a week is no big deal, esp if it's real easy. And not on consecutive days. If I did a whole week's worth w/o building up to it, I think it'd be a problem.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

8.4 hot and humid miles, pouring sweat. I had only a 6-oz bottle of water which was gone at the turnaround. Fortunately there was a little market there, so I bought some Powerade and dumped a couple salt packets into it (the clerk looked at me like I'm from Mars). That helped a lot. Also stuck my head in a fountain and soaked my hat on the way back. Then a nice dip in the sea afterwards made it all worth while. Cool MTA: My first 30-mile-plus week since January! Yay!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Great Job! I really find it hard to get 30 miles in with everything else going on! Not hot and humid here. 49 degree trail run today with a black bear and 2 itty bitty cubs in tow. I was hoping they would sleep through the spring.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

Doubles...some say it is easier on the body, some say harder. I have 9 miles scheduled on tuesdays but I train with my team tuesday nights and they go 5.5, so I do 3.5 in the morning. I dont get exactly the same benefits. Back from my womens weekend. fun fun fun ate like a pig, drank like a fish, barely slept and got out for 90 minutes of beach run both days. Yesterday we didnt want to get our shoes wet since we didnt have a good way to dry them so we stayed between the little streams that cut through the beach frequently here. Which meant 0.5 mile stretch of beach that we did back and forth and back and forth. Today we decided we didnt need to keep our shoes dry so we crossed over until we got to one that would have been knee deep then went south until we hit cliffs. Much nicer, but I have blisters on the bottom of my feet from wet socks and sand. Stayed up way too late both nights. Last night I finally rolled in to bed at ~ 3 am and at 6 am the town siren went off. The siren would be used for a tsunami warning, but it is also used to summon the volunteer firefighters ....but some of the women were panicking thinking it was a tsunami. Either way it made for a very short night. Tongue Sooooo tired. I am glad the family is napping. I probably should be but I want to get back on schedule tonight.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ennay, sounds like fun! I love women's weekends! Especially with my non-church friends (ooh, did I just admit that?!?). Big grin

dork.major dork.

A nasty cold has stolen my weekly mileage. Enuf said. I walked back from church today and was shaking like a leaf. I'll try moving against tomorrow.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

Sad feel better imogene!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7