2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for Week of Sept 1 (Read 331 times)

A Saucy Wench

MTA - Ennay - the periodization you mentioned...is that similar to the Daniels phases of training I've heard about?
    Kinda but nowhere near as structured. I dont think. I havent made it the whole way through his book yet

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

very easy 2 miles. 1.5 of those with the dogs.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice easy 7 miles. Beautiful run but I was pretty stiff and never really got into my groove. That's what a long layoff will do to you.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Thanks for all the advice on running faster, I'm going going to try them all out. Already did the hills, I'll try the cruise intervals sometime next week. Longest running streak for me yet. 8 days in a row. Going for 9 tomorrow and also to go past 40 miles, my highest weekly mileage.

...---...

12 easy miles this morning, did the last mile at -30 MP, which felt great. Had gas left in the tank at the end. Aaron - you're a beast. 9 consecutive days!!! nice.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Darn, you guys are really having a great week. Me not so. Don't even dare to check where the bunny is. I did my first run in a week this morning: 6.6K@6:59. My wrist didn't like the bouncing motion of running. But it wasn't painful. After my shower, I accidently dropped my wrist brace in the toilet when I put the towel back on the hook..... Surprised Did go and watched my Krav Maga class last Friday. They practiced the three way attack: one guy attacking with fists only, one with a (rubber) bat, one with a (rubber) knife. Man, I was glad to just be watching.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

4 weeks to the marathon. Still trying to figure out what shoes I want to wear. Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7