2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly Check in Aug 31-Sep 6 (Read 383 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I guess I'm starting it off this week...

Easy 8.9-mile recovery with some 100m strides. It was nice and cool (61F) and really felt great! Still, that makes 215 miles for August, my highest monthly ever, and I'm feeling it. Time for a rest day.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Awesome month Russ. Monster miles.

Rest day for me.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Wow Perfesser, those are a lot of miles. I'm in awe

Hi everybody!

Been MIA for a bit. Very busy. Hope things will settle down soon.

Have been skimming thru the posts though once or twice a week. Mileage has been down quite a bit due to an injury, which meant I had to back out of the October marathon.

Anyways, hope to post everyday again.

Yesterday was an UB w/o plus abs. I'm now off for a 45min interval w/o on the TM.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Well glad to hear from you Dutchie! 

And Perfessor...wow >200 miles.  I was amazed when I hit the 100 mile month. 

Ran a nice and easy 4 miler with my dog and a friend.  Rusty swam a bit and I could tell he was tired.  Time for a rest day tomorrow (For Rusty of course)

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Welcome back, Dutchie!

And I'll add my kudos Russ: great month.  Can't even imagine 215.

6 weeks from Chicago and I've hit a mental wall.  For the first time in forever I simply didn't want to run today.  Not overslept, too busy, etc., I was making the conscious choice not to run.  I was tired of feeling tired.  Tired of sore legs.  Tired of spending 1-2 hours 5 days a week doing this.  So I packed my bag last night, put all my stuff in the car and shoved myself out the door this morning.  Put in a very easy 5 to stay on plan.  Don't know what I'll do tomorrow or the rest of the week.  I may scrap my plan and cut back to 30 mpw.  I may toughen up and do it.  Don't know.  But today I ran 5.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

...---...

6 weeks from Chicago and I've hit a mental wall.  For the first time in forever I simply didn't want to run today.  Not overslept, too busy, etc., I was making the conscious choice not to run.  I was tired of feeling tired.  Tired of sore legs.  Tired of spending 1-2 hours 5 days a week doing this.  So I packed my bag last night, put all my stuff in the car and shoved myself out the door this morning.  Put in a very easy 5 to stay on plan.  Don't know what I'll do tomorrow or the rest of the week.  I may scrap my plan and cut back to 30 mpw.  I may toughen up and do it.  Don't know.  But today I ran 5.

Mental health days are needed. I take them from time to time. Just last week as a matter of fact, I didn't do a weekly run because I'm just tired. I think as long as you get in your long runs and do enough during the week to sustain your endirance, a missed run here and there won't kill you. Sometimes I think that not running when we're beat down a bit is a good call. I consider it "listening to your body."

But you already know that. Pretty soon you'll be tapering and life will be good. Hang tough.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

I agree, 6 weeks to go is the "hump", where the race is still far enough away so you can't see the light at end of the tunnel and usually near the peak mileage. An unscheduled day off now and then can do wonders.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

an easy 3 and half or so today - part road, part trail. Just trying to coast this week and enjoy cooler running weather.

Dutchie - Great hearing from you again. I passed you in mileage recently...so you gotta catch up with me. Sorry you had to back out of Amsterdam. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Dutchie - Great hearing from you again. I passed you in mileage recently...so you gotta catch up with me. Sorry you had to back out of Amsterdam. 

I know... I won't be able to catch up seeing you're training for a 50K Wink But I'll be chasing you all the way.

School starts soon for me so a marathon is not likely any time soon. Maybe once I'm used to my new routine (family, job, chores, running, friends, school, not necessarily in that order). Or maybe for the next 3 years I'll just settle for half marathons Wink

Dutchie

...---...

Dang it, Dutchie - you passed me back already. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I was going to rest yesterday but the sun was out (a rarity after August 15th in Juneau) and my fast running friend Dave asked nicely so me and Rusty pulled a 3.1 miler out.

Still WAYYYYYYYYY behind you all (and the bunny) but if you'd all just rest a minute maybe I could catch up!  I am just about to pass the 1000 mile bunny though, maybe tomorrow

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Still WAYYYYYYYYY behind you all (and the bunny) but if you'd all just rest a minute maybe I could catch up!  I am just about to pass the 1000 mile bunny though, maybe tomorrow

I'd trade a few miles for the opportunity to catch fresh pacific and/or Alaskan salmon. I'm the jealous one in this.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

I'm sure that's not gonna last long

Dutchie

I'm tapering for my race this weekend so I had a short interval session.  Between the limited number of intervals and the fall like weather I knocked out some stellar reps.  6 x 400m @ about 1:25 each!  I doubt the cool weather will last until Sunday but I'm hoping.  Looks more likely that we will be running with Erika.

Dog-Love

Who's Erica?   Have a good race Heffa

I ran a hill run today with some really fast folks (and Rusty) and I am beat!  Just hard to say no to a run when the sun is out and the trails are gorgeous!

Dutchie:  thanks for believing in my ability to catch up...but we will just have to see.