2000Km-1243 mile club

June 2014 (Read 11 times)

Happy - Good luck to you on the 5K.

I think I'll set my timer to one mile: one minute walk breaks For tomorrow's run.

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Thanks Ayola!

I did my fastest 5K yet and hit my goal of 26:30. Can hardly believe it. Feels good!

How did your run go today?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Happy - Great 5K PR!

The run went well, had an unexpectedly long walking warm up about a mile (bumped into a wacky neighbour). Ran 5 easily with no real breaks, worked on garden stuff for a few more hours, so I feel like I had a full workout, maybe sore tomorrow, but my spirits are up.

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

but my spirits are up.

A

running -- cheaper than therapy, as they say :-)

Great running people!!!

Well I managed to do my multi-sport teams race.  We had a fairly decent cyclist so he was right up with the leaders at transition.  Of course that meant i was surrounded by quick people.  In saying that I only had about 8 pass me, but I passed one of those on the down hill (twice actually - he passed me again when I went off track for a bit so I had to do it all again).  Almost caught another but he managed to stay about 50 metres in from of me for the last 4km.

We had quite a bit of rain in the week before so the track was slush.  Some of the steep downhill bits were quite slippery so i took it a bit easy so as not to fall.  As it was I fell over on a traverse across a steep hill and banged my sore knee from last week.  Nothing major though.

Finished up with a time of 2:07 so fairly stoked.  We placed 2 overall for the mixed teams.  Aiming to do it all again next year, but this time maybe train for it :-)

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Well done, Puke!! Congratulations on Second Overall placement and your monumental part in that. Yay for emerging almost unscathed! Hope the knee will have a chance to fully recover now.  You did great!!! Something to be said for being under-trained, isn't there?

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry I took so long to respond Happy. It was a really tough race, miles and miles above 8500-9000 feet, lots of steep climbs. It was a beautiful, really spectacular at times.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Nice picture...looks flat...ha ha!!! I googled Bryce Canyon and got an idea of the scenery. Wow!  Was that the hardest one you've done so far? Would you do it again?

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, it was the hardest 50 miler I've done and yes, I want to go back.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Doesn't Ze have an ultra this month?

Hi folks!

Well, yes, I *had* an ultra in June.  But I didn't finish. Sigh...

Yes, I went to the starting line (they changed it from my home town to the other side of the mountain range), and I did start the race. I even manage half of it (36 km, 3293 m accumulated climb). But I was really not ready for it. So, at the top of the climb I decided that I didn't feel like running for another four or five hours, so I quit.

This "failure" didn't help with my motivation issues, also. After the race, I didn't train for three whole weeks!! I can't remember not running for such a long time, ever!

Anyway, I just started running again. I'm quite a bit slower, and my legs are sore from the last three days ridiculously easy runs, but at least I'm enjoying it. And, after all (for me at least), that really is the main thing.

Cheers,

Ze