2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 24 March (Read 260 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Professer, you running the ING half? Sounds like fun!
    Yep, running the ING. It might rain. 5.6 today with Daisy, who decided to roll in the mud. BAD DOG!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Wed - no run to report. Had to stay late at work. New job, you know how intense that is. But did a 15K bike commute. Thu - been to the dentist to have a filling replaced. Had no complaints before I went. Bad toothache after and my poor jaws...... Tooth she worked on was way way in the back and my mouth isn't very big. So there's that suction (sp?) thing, the drill and that little mirror thingy trying to get right back there. My jaws feel like they've been dislocated! Felt really miserable. Didn't go to swim class or run. Slouched on the couch with a painkiller, feeling sorry for myself. Yes I'm a wuss! Dead Fri - still a toothache, but not as bad anymore. Foggy and cold. Legs did not want to move. Dogs did great though. Spike wanted to do his sniff and dig thing a few times, but I wasn't in the mood. Total 9.92K. He, that's almost 10K ...

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

And a 15K bike commute Tongue

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Apparently I've been appointed as Admin. Anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

First, find out what happened to Trey (runner67). He has been absent for awhile.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

First, find out what happened to Trey (runner67). He has been absent for awhile.
              I'll send Spike and Spook out to find him Wink This morning there was a very cold, strong wind. Spike was in sniff&dig mode, while Spooky was in lets-run-through-all-the-rain- puddles-and-roll-too-to-get-soaking-wet-and-muddy-mode. This was a true doggie let's have fun, more than a let's run kind of thing. Took a whopping 1h11 to run 8.5K. Ridiculous. But the dogs had a ball.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

8.5 miles in snow again...this is soooo weird

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Today I had a shortish long run planned. Anything over 21K would be fine. As Spooky, Spike and I stepped out the door, big fat rain drops started landing on us. Soon to change into a "the heavens opened and let all water down on earth". We were soaking wet within 15 minutes. Maybe it was the rain, but this doggie fun run was more about the run than fun. After the first 8.7K, I dropped Spike off at home (grabbed my sports drink and had a potty break). I continued with Spooky only. Light rain now which stopped about halfway through our run. Spooky seemed to be enjoying herself and she was pretty well behaved too, even off leash. Anyways, enjoyed my run, but was also happy it was kind of short: 21.12K. Even made my goal distance Big grin

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

15.9 today. Felt looooong. I didnt even realize until I logged it that this is my highest week ever, how did that happen? It wasnt supposed to be. Oh well Big grin Feeling kind of sluggish but hopefully will feel sprightly next week

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Queen of 3rd Place

You're all gods. I worried about losing the bunny this month, got ghastly sick. The interesting news is that my parrot does a nice imitation of my cough. Shocked Arla

Ex runner

dork.major dork.

I was at my mother in Vermont over the weekend. It's still very much winter there. Snowbanks up to the bottom of the kitchen window, etc. More snow than I've ever seen at this time of year. Ever. My shins/lower legs are bothering me. Since my only option there was running on snow/ice/mud covered hills I didn't run much. Not sure whether to baby them, or log shorter easier runs and try to use those runs to stretch them out... Thoughts? And I felt like I was making such good progress behind the bunny before that.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Marquess of Utopia

Sorry I forgot to tell you... Keep doing what your doing, the weekly mileage check in seems to be a really popular topic. You should have the ability to censor people, but I hope you never need to use it.