2000Km-1243 mile club

5K race (Read 187 times)

...---...

Okay kids...I'm doing a 5K this weekend, shooting for 29:59 or better. Baby steps, right? It's doable, last 5K was 30:38. Who else is running/racing in an event this week?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Think Whirled Peas

GOOD LUCK on your race this weekend! It's not the size of the steps that matter, only that you take them!!! I'm running a 5k this weekend as well. Hoping for a sub-23, but the weather in Michigan will play a significant factor in it. Cold won't be a problem, but snow/ice/slush could. We shall see!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

A Saucy Wench

Have fun! I cant find any events until March that fit. Oh well. Good time to train

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

BaldMike

I am running a Half Marathon Sunday morning. Shooting to break the 1:45 mark for the first time. Good luck to everyone running this weekend!
          PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.
          Dutchie42

My first race is not till 30 March. Trey and PowerOfQ: good luck with your 5K. You will achieve your time goals, I just know you will. BaldMike: run like the wind and go break that 1h45!

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Wow - I love to see all the event running going on. Dutchie, Ennay - you could do a "virtual race" and report back how you did...I can just see the race report now from Dutchie...here's a sample: "dog took of into mud field so I had to wait it out in the rain before resuming...otherwise I would have finished with a better time than 57:02...that dog sure loves mud!" just kidding Dutchie Wink I posted a map of my 5K here in the maps section, in case you're interested or nosey...or bored...or all of the above. Q - not sure how well I'd do in your environment. You're hard core! hope all goes well. Good luck Mike! 1:45 is a fantastic pace. Shocked

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

..I can just see the race report now from Dutchie...here's a sample: "dog took of into mud field so I had to wait it out in the rain before resuming...otherwise I would have finished with a better time than 57:02...that dog sure loves mud!" just kidding Dutchie Wink Shocked
                Clowning around That's so funny. I was laughing so loud my son came to see what's so funny Clowning around Glad I'm home and not in the office: don't want my boss catching my on the internet for personal stuff Big grin

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.