2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in Oct 19 - 25 (Read 339 times)

And so ends a 13 mile week.  Haven't said anything, but I'm on the list of wounded too. Went out for a long run last Sunday and decided "you know what would feel good after a marathon? Seven miles at 10K pace."  Bad idea.  At about 6.5 tweaked my left knee and felt it the rest of the way.  Still feel it after a few miles.  Was in Boston Thurs-Sunday so between weather, knee and doing the tourist thing I only ran once.  Went out today and got in 4 before I had to shut it down. Lost ground for the second week in a row.  Grrrrr.

Try again on Tuesday.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Dog-Love

I think I am on the mend.  Ran 5+ miles today and the only thing I really notice is that I couldn't talk and run at the same time.  Lungs hurt a little bit.  Tomorrow I am off to DC for a week so will look for some nice and easy miles out there.  I am after you again Gig...and Trey...and Dutchie.  Watch your backs
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm better today too. 9.3 miles really easy, and the shin and ankle gave me a little twinge occasionally but overall I felt pretty good. I hope to resume a good training schedule next week. I'll be in NYC Sunday to watch the marathon, which will be really cool, but how will I get a long run in, with Central Park closed off for the race? Pretty inconsiderate of the NYCRRC to hold this race when I'm in town, IMHO. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016