2000Km-1243 mile club

June! (Read 12 times)

Puke - the fact that I run is simply a sign of how stubborn I amBig grin.  I love running and I really look forward to my long runs with pleasure.....maybe it's the great scenery and wonderful bike trails here...I just love the outing. I think probably endurance is my strong suit;  that and persevering in the face of discomfortRoll eyes....although I have to say, "it's (usually) not that bad" and I fall back on the "if it's not getting any worse, focus on something else and keep going"  approach. Still and all, it feels really good to have found a physical therapist who can help me improve my biomechanics and my running.

you are sounding more and more like an ultra runner.

Hey, great news for your DH and your brother Big grin

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

you are sounding more and more like an ultra runner.

heh...."ultra" for me is likely to be the marathon; but I have no plans.  I'm just enjoying running and feeling my way.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

woohoo, just gone through half way.

Also just ticked off 1000 km on my favourite shoes....might see what I can get out of them.  PR is just under 1500 km out of a pair of Mizunos, but only managed 1100 in Nikes previously

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Reaching half the goal mileage at the halfway mark of the year is a good sign, Puke. You can do it! Good luck with the shoes.

I'm close to needing to retire my current pair, but want to get another 40K out of them to round up to 600 miles. Then they're history. for sure.

ETA: Hah! My legs would have none of that! The shoes are in the trash. Worst run ever tonight. I blame the shoes. Sad though since they were The Prettiest Running Shoes I Ever Had.  Gorgeous aquamarine color detail. Looked like something a princess would run in. Discontinued color now of course.

It is ALWAYS the shoes fault

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Happy, you're kicking some bunny ass!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Have you seen the weather forecast for WS 100 tomorrow?!?!  100F at the finish line, hotter along the course no doubt - yikes!