2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 18-24 May- (Read 300 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Good morning everyone! 3 easy recovery miles on the hotel TM in L.A. , just a little soreness, no big deal. I survived the earthquake! Heh, I didn't even feel it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Earthquake ?!?!? What earthquake??? Did a 30 min UB strength training, 10 minutes of abs and a 3.2K recovery run with Jimmy. I'm so proud he comes running with me twice a week. For him to get up that early... Legs felt fine. My breathing wasn't. Guess I hadn't recovered yet from yesterday's long run.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

massage today. Awesome.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Hill run today. It was so gorgeous out. Juneau at its finest. Ran with Rusty and JJ and chatted most of the way...even up the steep stuff. Massage for me on Tuesday...hope yours is just what you needed Trey
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            6 easy miles yesterday, it went awesome. Rather fast pace and easy to maintain low HR. I'll be doing a long run today. Then I will take it easy for the rest of the week and rest up for my 10K on Saturday. I'll be running with my team from work. We have to defend our corporate team title! My teammates this year are kind of out of shape so I might have to push it a little. That's a good thing because I really want a big PR. Russ - Congrats on the HM, sounds like a fun one. Crabby - Congrats on the AG win, you will PR next time. Anne - where's the race report?

...---...

...Massage...hope yours is just what you needed Trey
              Oddly, this was my first real professional massage. I kind of expected the therapeutic deep tissue massage to parallel the torture of physical therapy. Not so. One thing that happened, after I got home and had a little dinner and a beer, I was asleep before 10 and slept through the night. That hasn't happened in a LONG time. Feeling great today. MTA: 4 miles on hills

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

nice 13.6 mile aerobic (that means real slow Big grin) run along Boston Marathon course, Wellesley to finish line, including the Newton hills. A pretty good pace for aerobic run. It's not so nice on a weekday due to heavy traffic, lots of sidewalk time. Hey, what happened to all the portajohns that were here on Patriot's Day? Wink

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Lots of walking. Not because something was hurting, not because some part of me felt tight, noooo. I just couldn't make myself run. Shortened my run to 7K (planned 10.2K). At least I'm staying ahead of the bunny Wink

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

No running today, just 30 minutes on the unicycle. That's a pretty good workout if you're not very good Tongue.

Dog-Love

I am the race director for the Sea Coast Relay here in Juneau and that happens this Sat. Its a 24 mile run that can be divided into 5 legs or one can run it alone. So today I ran the first leg to make sure it is 3.5 miles and it was. Last year someone complained it was long. Whiner! So I ran the 3.5 and turned around and ran back for a nice and slow run. Hope for a pretty day.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Crabby, that sounds really cool. I hope the race goes well.

...---...

10K @ easy pace...normal terrain (a little hilly). all systems go in the hip. Crabby - cool Perfesser - unicycle for me = broken bones.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Crabby, that sounds really cool. I hope the race goes well.
                            It's a bit of work for a couple of days and if the weather is great...its really fun. A bit pricey, but come on up and run it! I'll consider Crater Lake! I would like to learn how to ride a unicycle someday. We gave one to my son when he was 14 and it sits in the garage. I should take it out, but like Trey says Unicycle = Broken body

Imminent Catastrophe

I have to admit, I've gotten a few bruises from the uni! Black eye

...---...

6 miles yesterday. Legs feeling a little fatigued. Gonna take a couple days off, do a 5K this Saturday on a hilly course, and then try to run long on Sunday.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12