2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week August 18 (Read 337 times)

Dog-Love

WaHOO! What a workout! That one must feel great to have behind you. I will have to look at the site. I guess we might hear a report later? Um...I just ran a 5 mile race today straight uphill. (I feel sheepish even posting that after a steep marathon post) but there it is. Taking a nap now.
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Here's the usual faulty Garmin Connect site. There are data dropouts that kind of screw up the graphs but it's kind of cool to look at anyway. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/629293

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Pretty cool. BTW, what's your opinion of the forerunner 405 performance over other models you've used? I read conflicting reviews; especially when it gets a little wet.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Hood to coast done -- Big grin Will write a race report later. Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

13.1 miles today. Nothing fast or fancy. Just got through the miles uninjured and at a pace where I enjoyed being out with my long run group.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

Busy day yesterday. Went and played catch and frisbee with some friends at a park by his house. He lives in this nice community and they had astro turf on the soccer field we were playing on. Never been on it before, it's nice and bouncy. While playing with the frisbee my thumb got hit at a weird spot and totally turned my thumb black & blue and it swelled up a little bit. I didn't even notice it until after we stopped playing. It was a little sore but it looked worse than it felt. Then I went for a little 4 mile run around his community. Came home and the wife who has just started the C25k plan was going out for her run so I went with her. Did a 2 mile run/walk thing. Now I'm trying to motivate myself to go run 4 miles so I'll hit 30 for the week and 100 for the month.

Imminent Catastrophe

Pretty cool. BTW, what's your opinion of the forerunner 405 performance over other models you've used? I read conflicting reviews; especially when it gets a little wet.
                This is the first Garmin I've had. I like it but the bezel does misbehave occasionally, wet or dry. Satellite acquisition is pretty quick. As I've said before the watch is great, but the software sucks.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

I need to get a new Garmin, mine (301)busted this weekend. (Got crushed in the van) I think I'll stick with the 205/305, although part of me is tempted to look for a cheap 301

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

My Garmin 205 has been pretty solid, wet or dry, for 6 months now. There are some drop outs but for the most part, pretty good. Sat link is fairly quick when the device is stationary. I agree that the software leaves a bit to be desired. Anyway - there are no map upgrades for the 205, which stinks, but have managed fairly well using other 3rd party options. I'm working on a map widget for my Mac that I hope to manipulate Garmin courses that have been run/stored etc as I'd ultimately like these available via my web site.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12