2000Km-1243 mile club

Anyone see Gig? (Read 229 times)

Dog-Love

Hey there what are you up to except running a lot!!!  Hope you are healthy and keeping up with your kids.  I am not even close to catching up with you this year although I'll start chasing in about a month so watch your back!
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
    Dutchie42

His last visit to the group was 5/12/09.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Aaron has been quiet too.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

I run for Fried Chicken!

I'm around, just haven't been running too much. Trying to run at least 15 miles a week but there have been weeks where I've just skipped the whole week.

I'm moving this month and starting a new job this month plus my wife is due in October so running has taken a backseat. 

At this point, I'm just trying to maintain my fitness so that when I get a chance to run more, I can ramp back up quickly. 

Honestly, I've also lost quite a bit of motivation to run, hopefully it's a temporary thing.

Dutchie42

Sometimes other things are more important. Besides, I've been there last year with the renovations in my house. And once everything settled down, I was back running. So will you.

Will you just move to another neighbourhood or another city entirely?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Gig

I'm here. I've been hiding out with the 1500 mile crew mostly. I'm 60 miles behind that pace bunny, but summer is here, which means more daylight hours for running. I'm going back and forth between holding on to and losing motivation. I will reach 1500 this year, but I think I'm going to scale back after that.

Running has become a more regular means of commuting for me. I run to work two, three, and sometimes four times a week, mostly biking the balance of the time. Over the weekend, if I'm passing near the office, I'll drop off that week's clothes. Otherwise, I cram a bunch of outfits into my backpack and bike in on Monday. It's a good life.

DW broke her wrist 1½ weeks ago, just in time to wear a cast for a week in Nags Head and two weeks in Rehoboth. Poor girl. She's being a good sport, though. Yesterday she told me that her cast is like school. "I like some things about it, like the color and the names on it, but mostly I can't stand it."

Crabby, I'm way too familiar with your m.o. Hang back for most of the year, and then sprint past me in November and December. The same old thing year after year.

Dog-Love

Actually Gig...(good to see you back)...I think 1000 miles this year is just purrrrrfect. Kids are keeping me super-busy and I have rediscovered fishing.  Love hanging our on m boat trying for some fishies.  Lost a bit of motivation after last year and right now think my goal will be to get a bit faster and not go as long.  But who knows...maybe that itch will come back and I will build up those miles again.

I am impressed that you are commuting by running. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Sometimes other things are more important. Besides, I've been there last year with the renovations in my house. And once everything settled down, I was back running. So will you.

Will you just move to another neighbourhood or another city entirely?

Just moving to another neighborhood, actually moving in with my mom. 

It might be a little strange living with my mom again but it helps her out financially and she can help us out when the baby comes along.

She also lives in a nicer area than we're at right now and it's right by some nice biking/running paths by the beach so hopefully it'll motivate me to run more.

I'll be about 2 miles from Venice Beach.

...---...

I'll be about 2 miles from Venice Beach.

I'm jealous. Good luck with everything. Good to see you and Gig around again. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12