2000Km-1243 mile club

Yep...I think I bit off more than I can chew (Read 540 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last year I logged just over 1800 miles...but I was only running.  I recently got a road bike and have plans of at least 1 duathlon (5k run, 30k bike, 5k run) in April, a couple of century rides, and several running races, too (15k, 25k, trail relay, HMs).

Last night I started messing around with putting together some training plans and am feeling a bit in over my head.  Not so much with the cycling stuff, but the mileage to hit 1500 for the year.  I think it's a bit overly ambitious.

2000k, though...I always try to run at least 100 miles/month and it's usually not much of a struggle.  So I think this is a better goal for me, running-wise.  I want to enjoy the training for my races, not feel obligated to meet some arbitrary mileage goal that doesn't benefit the training for my specific races and might actually hurt it.

Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HappyFeat

Welcome to the group Zoomie

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Dutchie42

Wow Zoomy, that's a lot of training for the year! I have a hard time just getting the miles in for my races. Putting in all that biking too would have me keel over.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow Zoomy, that's a lot of training for the year! I have a hard time just getting the miles in for my races. Putting in all that biking too would have me keel over.

I tell ya', I have been trying to do 30 mile weeks since the new year and it's kicking my butt--and I'm not yet putting in all that many miles on my bike trainer.  I don't know how people train for triathlons...just the thought of a half Ironman makes me whimper.  Where do they find the time?  And full IMs...ack! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Dutchie42

So what do you do nutrition wise to refuel all that energy you're using up?

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So what do you do nutrition wise to refuel all that energy you're using up?

Ha, I eat a lot of carby crap.  Did I mention I also need to drop about 20#s to be at a more ideal weight for my height and build?  With all the extra stress I'm putting my body through I really need to consistently eat better.  My hubby and kid are major carboholics...we all need to exchange a lot of those empty calories for more veggies/fruits.

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

Hi, all. I'll be bringing up the group's rear for a while, I guess. Zoomy, I need to drop 20, too. I got on the scale this morning, and even though I knew I had gained a bit lately, I was surprised--five pounds heavier than I thought.

So it's oatmeal for breakfast for a while, and more fruits and veggies for me, too. (A moment of silence for the shunned bagel and cream cheese, please....Thank you, and it's okay if you wept. I did.)

So I'll shoot for 1,243, along with adding in some regular lifting, karate, and better eating.

Imminent Catastrophe

2000k, though...I always try to run at least 100 miles/month and it's usually not much of a struggle.  So I think this is a better goal for me, running-wise.  I want to enjoy the training for my races, not feel obligated to meet some arbitrary mileage goal that doesn't benefit the training for my specific races and might actually hurt it.

Smile

Well, you know, you can't just waltz in and join the 2000Km group, we're very selective about our membership. You will need to submit a resume and nonrefundable $135 application fee for consideration by the membership committee. We will meet in June to review applications. If you are accepted then you may begin to count mileage for the year. If you are denied you may reapply next year, which will require another nonrefundable application fee. Good luck!

Inspired by the New York City Marathon application.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, you know, you can't just waltz in and join the 2000Km group, we're very selective about our membership. You will need to submit a resume and nonrefundable $135 application fee for consideration by the membership committee. We will meet in June to review applications. If you are accepted then you may begin to count mileage for the year. If you are denied you may reapply next year, which will require another nonrefundable application fee. Good luck!

Inspired by the New York City Marathon application.

Ha, $135 is what Vega$ charges for their full AND their half.  But I don't gamble, so it's a safer way to "lose" money. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Ha, $135 is what Vega$ charges for their full AND their half.  But I don't gamble, so it's a safer way to "lose" money. Tongue

Don't even get me started on Rock 'n' Roll races. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't even get me started on Rock 'n' Roll races. 

I wouldn't normally have any interest...I don't like crowds.  But 30-some RA gals are getting together for this year's.  The race is really just an excuse for a long weekend party. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Welcome, Kirsten!!  You're just ahead of me, so I'll have to run more!  This is my 4th week in a row at 25 mpw, so I'm psyched.  4 weeks is my previous record.  I'm determined to keep this mileage up, because it feels good (well, most of the time, but not this morning out in the freezing precipitation!).  Good luck with the bike training!