2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in May 4 - May 10 (Read 272 times)

Ran in the Girls on the Run 5K. Girls on the Run is a program for girls in grades 3-6 that introduces them to running. This was the culmination of their spring program and there were a lot of pre-teen girls with their running buddy (pacer) out on the trail. It was really neat. There were significant storms this morning, but the skies cleared far enough ahead of the race that there was a pretty good crowd. Started raining again at the end, but nothing serious.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Long run--20 miles in Central Park. I was cruising along nicely until mile 10 when I felt a slight pain in my left groin, and it got worse over the next half mile or so. I pulled a groin muscle! Shocked WTF? Nobody pulls a groin muscle running 10 minute miles. Hurdlers and sprinters pull groin muscles, not slow old guys doing long runs! Finally I walked a while, tried to loosen it up, then started a slow, awkward shuffle for the next few miles. I was fearing the worst but eventually by about mile 15 it eased up a bit and I finished the 20 just a little under my pace. Aside from the leg, I felt pretty good at the end. I can still feel it today but I think it's manageable and with that I feel ready for Deadwood.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

All days off are cancelled until further notice. That's what they put out yesterday. Running after a 12 hr work day is getting old. I can't wait for this schedule to end. It's getting hard choosing running over riding my new motorcycle too.

Dog-Love

Well I did better than I felt I would although it was a really hard race! I measured it at 7.4 miles so it wasn't 8. I don't feel bad about being shorted
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Dutchie42

Heffa: are there lots of people sick where you work? Or is there a big project going on? Aaron: great to see you again. How's the new job? Or did I ask already? Ayola: congrats on the gardening job. Can't you come over and do mine Big grin Perfesser: good job on the 20-miler. Now did you ice your groin Tongue Did a 21.5K long run today (10.74K on the way out in 1:15:12). Warmest day I had to run in so far: 19C, and barely any wind. Went out too fast, which I paid for on the way back. I did cover a longer distance though.compared to last Sunday (10.46K out / 20.92K total). But the second half took me 1:27 minutes longer than going out. I won't be adding a lot of extra mileage to my long run. I'm just trying to get faster for my half marathon. So slowing down on the way back is not a good thing. However, first time I was running at these temps. Good thing though, it'll probably be even warmer in June. Legs felt fine when I got home. Even the stairs were no problem Big grin And I'm so close to that pink monster, I can almost touch it Cool ETA: the boys were up at 5h30 AM to fix me breakfast in bed. They sent me back actually cause I was up already. Then while I was having breakfast, they were folding the big pile of laundry waiting to be folded. Sooooo sweet.

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

No running again today. Dutchie - I work at a nuclear power plant and it's refueling time. We are currently in a push to get the unit back on line. It's time for the summer season of high electricity demand (money making season). Everybody turn on your A/C! Cool

...---...

I pulled a groin muscle! Shocked WTF? Nobody pulls a groin muscle running 10 minute miles. Hurdlers and sprinters pull groin muscles, not slow old guys doing long runs!
                Actually, there seems to be a lot this going on these days. Hope it stays manageable. Good luck with Deadwood. slow 9 miles today with hills. Cold beer and a fried egg sandwich. Nap time.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

4 very easy miles on the treadmill with a good warmup and easy stretches. So far so good! I'll have to be careful at the Twisted Ankle on Saturday.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Pretty good short recovery run today - a total surprise after little sleep and a couple champagnes last night. It's a "bummer" when your best buddies own a pub, Dutchie - I'll do your weeding - if your garden is in Maine! Tomorrow - 5 miles, then resting up for my new super fast RP A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Dutchie - I'll do your weeding - if your garden is in Maine!
                      My garden needs more than weeding. It's like a rainforest out there. It is a small garden but the way it is now, you might get lost out there Big grin Can't move my garden to the US. Now that's a shame Wink My legs are really sore and tired this morning. Knees are sensitive. Is that really because I didn't put as much mileage in before my long run as I usually do? My legs haven't felt like this in forever. I skipped the recovery run this morning and slept in till 6h30 AM!

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.