2000Km-1243 mile club

I'm just gonna throw this in the group (Read 365 times)

Dutchie42

Alright, I've removed everyone who didn't run in 2010, which is 5 months instead of the 9 months I said earlier. They are not banned, and can rejoin when they start running again should they wish to do so.

Now there's also a group of people (15 up to Dec 09) who do run but who haven't looked at this check in for months up to years. Some apparently joined the group as far back as February 08, they have been running alright, but never came back here. Not even for a peek. Ever.

Should I remove those too? They can still rejoin whenever they want.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Just a dude.

You can tell they haven't even just looked at the YTD Distance chart or anything?

If so, I'd say that if they haven't even clicked on a link inside this group anywhere in a while, then they probably won't even notice being gone...

I see that you have been careful to say its not a ban or anything... I think that's good too...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, remove them, like Kelly said, they probably won't even notice and it will clean up the YTD distance graph.

And rename the group "2 million meter club". 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, I think I'm one of the ones you described, I guess.  I check the YTD distance a couple times a week, but rarely post on the boards.  I'll start posting if you'll leave me in the group.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dutchie42

Yapper: hi Welcome to the forum.

I can tell when people last visited this group. So if someone reads the forum or checked the YTD distance the date is listed of their last access time.

I'd love for more people to post about their daily (running) adventures, but it's not a requirement to be a member. I'm only talking about people who joined and then never came back, or who stopped looking at this group (forum and/or YTD) for over 6 months.

Perfesser: 2 million meter club? I like! But won't that screw up the bookmarks that people may have?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: 2 million meter club? I like! But won't that screw up the bookmarks that people may have?

Not sure, but the 2000-mile group changes their name quite often.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

theyapper

On the road again...

Changing the name doesn't affect the bookmarks people might have.  The group is still in the same place, just has a different name.  Like the Smith family moving out and the Jones family moving in.  Same house, same address, different name.  So we could always go with "We ran 2 million meters and you only ran 2,000 miles in one year" if we wanted to.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul