2000Km-1243 mile club

pelvis pain (Read 120 times)

...---...

I know that I'm not getting any younger but crimminy!, I never had issues popping up like this from cycling. So, every week it seems running offers me a new experience. This week's adventure is a little pain around my pelvis. Well, let's call it discomfort or strain....not really pain. Some details: -left side only -discomfort is associated with the bone part (along isolted part of my iliac crest - see image in url below) -isolated to far left side of the abdomine near bone - the part of area that you can see and feel -When doing hip and back stretches (the lying down method), I can really feel it. -does not hurt to touch in any way -discomfort when sitting but almost always associated when I turn my torso -almost feels like a bruise but again, does not hurt to the touch -my shoes should be good (~200 miles including running, walking, and general getting around) -some stiffness in lower back, same side extending to center but fairly isolatedl to the left. -actual hip joint feels fine -I've iced it and rested it (kinda rested it) - seemed to become sharper discomfort on over rest day. http://home.comcast.net/~wnor/pelvissuperior2.jpg It was probably that f***ing beach run that started this off. The discomfort started off mild and has increased just a bit. I think my office chair sucks too. Anyone know what this might be? Doesn't sound like IT band stuff - no knee problems on that side. Like I said,these "sensations" are foreign to me and if I darted off to a doctor everytime I felt a new pain from running, my insurance compnay would cancel my policy. Thanks all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

You know folks - I was just looking at my weekly mileage graph and I have not built a smooth progression. There was that lost week around Christmas when business and life were just CRAZY. And then there was that 2 week span when I felt so good that I started tackling higher mileage on long runs. I raced a 5K entirely TOO FAST for my level a couple weeks ago, etc. It kills me to say it, but I think I need to scale back and not be so rigid getting to where I want to be by a certain date. I still blame that beach run Wink but had I been progressing more methodically, that run probably wouldn't have impacted me so much?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Don't know what it could be Trey. I usually solve most aches and pains with thorough stretching. At least twice a day. Even if I didn't do any exercise. That's not helping, is it?

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

The stretching doesn't seem to be hurting either. It's better today but I do think it has something to do with my office chair. I switched to a more ergonomic shape yesterday and think that has helped. I probably need to stretch at lunch when I'm in the office. A lot of this issue can be traced back to running a 10 miler and then next day getting on a plane for 7 hours...and there that beach. My body is going through boot camp right now, I think.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

And just like that, the pain in my pelvis is gone...except when I am lying on that side.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12