2000Km-1243 mile club

July 2012 (Read 283 times)

Hi!

I joined this group some weeks ago, when I realized that not only I'd finish the 2012 1000 km goal, I would also most probably reach, for the first time in my life, the 800 and the 1000 mile goals. I decided then that I needed a more demanding goal, and 2000 km seemed ok.

I started July with a 10 day vacation in which I didn't run (no space for running shoes etc in my hand bag, didn't want to pay the low cost airline company for hold bags). Now, the holidays are over Sad, but I can run again Smile.

Yesterday morning I ran one of my favorite trails, around 13 km up a hill near my town; in the afternoon, I went with my wife for a short mountain hike (~7km).  Today I plan on taking it easier, because I feel a bit drained. 

I hope it'll be easy to reach my previous mileage (~50 km/w). Next week report will tell!

So long

Ze Amoreira

I'm still getting in some good miles even with all of life's many curve balls.  Just took some time last week to travel to upstate New York to see my dad.  Lung cancer with brain mets is the diagnosis and a couple of months is the prognosis.  Just can't seem to catch a break.  Making some lemonade out of the lemons I got a couple of hill runs in.  Found a route with a 2 mile long hill to torture myself with. 

HappyFeat

(((Jeff))) I don't know if you like hugs, but you're getting one anyway! So sorry to hear about your dad's illness. That's heartbreaking news. Running is such a great way to decompress, isn't it?  Good job on the hills

I got to run my two 10-mile trail runs this weekend. Both at a relaxed pace, in gorgeous sunshine and 70F, and with very enjoyable company.  I think being able to complete these one day after another with no real problem says something about my improving fitness. Rest day tomorrow.

Hi ZA and welcome to the group. Best of luck chasing down the Bunny.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HappyFeat, ahem, a small correction: I'm not chasing the bunny. Rather, the bunny is chasing me Smile! And it'll have a hard time catching me (I hope)!

Jeff, you've been for quite a lot. Courage!

Ze

HappyFeat

HappyFeat, ahem, a small correction: I'm not chasing the bunny. Rather, the bunny is chasing me Smile! And it'll have a hard time catching me (I hope)!

Ze

Oooops sorry about that, Ze. Happy running!

Imminent Catastrophe

I've made it to Carson City for TRT50. Tahoe is beautiful! I'm anxious but excited, since I had to drop last year this is unfinished business! I did a little jog around Spooner Lake today and definitely felt the altitude, 7000 ft is hard!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

The TRT race already - well that seems to have come up fast. Best of luck, PerfesserR. I'll think of you while I'm on my Saturday run. What's the forecast like? Do you know anyone there?

Imminent Catastrophe

Forecast is ideal--50-75, clear. UV index 11, so sunscreen is compulsory. Fellow RAer smalcom is running, hoping to meet IRL. Most importantly, I have scouted out and identified my breakfast and dinner carb-loading venues for tomorrow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Russ - Good luck tomorrow.  The planning and training are all there this year and I'm sure you will even the score.

Ze - Welcome aboard, I like your attitude.

Happy - Your consistency is really paying off, I think there is no doubt that is what you are seeing.

Off for another weekend of traveling for me.  I'll see what I can squeeze in for runs.  It's still rather stifling down this way so mornings and evenings are really the only option.  I don't mind running in the heat but I am very ready for the fall already.

HappyFeat

From our local news, a knife-wielding mugger attacked a woman Saturday morning right where I ran just a couple hours later.Shocked

"The assailant, about 6 feet tall and 200 pounds, was wearing baggy pants, a gray or charcoal-colored hooded sweatshirt — and a Halloween mask — when he attacked the woman, who was riding her bicycle around 8:30 a.m. Saturday."

I'm rethinking my routes now....quite dismayed...what to do...only run in my neighborhood now or treadmill?...long runs only if I can find a cycling chaperone? Feeling slightly derailed.

Not good Happy, stay safe

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

We have had at least one bicycle a month here get hit and killed.  Then this last weekend we had one the it started raining and a woman pulled off the road under a tree and somebody came up and raped her.  Makes you think twice about going for a ride.

Welcome ljmamoreira, glad you joined the group.

I'm just behind you, so will be chasing you all the way ;-)

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Hi, Brian, thanks for the welcome!

I'll surely enjoy your company!

Ze

HappyFeat

Hi everyone - the weekend's overSad

Yesterday I ran a 3-hour, approximately 14-mile trail run with gorgeous weather and scenery. I had to walk most of the 7th mile because it was too steep for me to run. I ran with a new running friend and her dog for our second trail run together. We seem well matched, have similar pace goals, and had a good time. I'm a little bit tight and sore overall today, but nothing major. Still I'm going to be cautious and skip the tempo run this week so as to be well rested for completing next Sunday's trail HM. I don't have a time goal for that anyway. If it's anything like the 10K, I'll be lucky if I can run up most of the hills. So speed isn't my first priority this week.