2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 28 Dec - 3 Jan (Read 352 times)

...---...

Tapering kind of sucks. Had a great 20K trail run yesterday. Gonna workout/XT later. Have a great week!

MTA - congrats on a great running year to everyone. Russ - a major big congrats for nailing a big number this year. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

UB and abs for me yesterday. Gosh my shoulders are sore today. I can't get my arms up over my head. My deltoids are killing me.

Like Trey said: great running year for everyone. Let's finish this decade strong!

Off to put in an interval run

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

I'm so close to the end of the year and accomplishing this goal, but it will not have been easy. To my surprise, I'm not bouncing back from the effort of that silly 10K and the two weeks prior...hate to admit that age might be the new wrinkle there....didn't take any time off to recover due to bunny chasing...but didn't used to need any time to recover, dammit!   I'm signing up to chase this same bunny next year, but intend to be wiser about it, not just older!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Cheer up, Happy Feat, you did much better than I did this year

TM run this morning. Still running on Xmas songs. Was pretty hard at the beginning. Calfs were tight and stiff. Didn't think I could do an interval today. So opted for an easy 60min run. Kinda zoned out after 15 minutes. No walkbreaks. Felt good in the end Wink

Dutchie

HappyFeat

You're right, Dutchie; I've no right to complain while enjoying the satisfaction of accomplishing the goal.   I'm glad you had a pleasant run today. Love the names on your upcoming event list - opkikkerloop, for example. Are they location names or what?

Dutchie42

Happy Feat:

Opkikker could be translated like "a perk me up" sort of. It's a charity for very ill or terminally ill children and their families. They organise fun days, something that will help them get through the treatments.

TVA is the triathlon organisation in Almere, my hometown.

Lenteloop means Spring run

Geinloop is a run along the river Gein

Zeebodemloop means bottom of the sea run. Where I live has been reclaimed from what used to to be a small inland sea. Dikes better hold cause I'm about 7 meters below sea level.

Vechtloop is a run along the river Vecht. Beautiful and very expensive houses along that river.

And the Roparun is a relay run from Paris, France to Rotterdam, Holland. Also for charity.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

Love the names! Thanks for the translations, Dutchie.

Dutchie42

Carefully adding back in a 5th run: 10 min = 1.5 kilometers on the TM. Added a short, non-weighted LB w/o. And finished with a 10 min non traditional core w/o. All in all I was done in less than 60 minutes

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Finishing off this week will get me to 1000 miles but just sqeeking that goal in.  I had a beautiful ~7 mile run yesterday while my son played soccer I headed out a sunny cold trail and it was one of those days in Juneau where wveryone was out walking and enjoying the outside.

No dogs with me no running buddies...

Dutchie:  you are inspiring me next year to do more weight and ab work! Thanks.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Damn Pace Bunny!  I was so close to just riding out the year in relative laziness after the Philly Marathon in November.  Then I had to check back on my progress here after the holiday chow-down.  I decided I was feeling gross and I would make 2000KM even if it meant 40 miles in the last week!  I haven't done 40/wk even during marathon training and it's zero degrees out, but the treadmill has become my best friend and I am 7.5 miles away!!  If I can just make it through tomorrow's 8-miler, I'm there!
                      2010 Goals: Danbury Half Marathon: <1:42:00; boston="" run="" to="" remember:=""></1:42:00;><1:42:00; nyc="" marathon:=""></1:42:00;><3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash! finish:="" run="" amuck="" and="" warrior=""></3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash!>
                      HappyFeat

You can do it, Jay! I know you can. Go for it!

Finished my last run for 2009 and made it past 1500.  Double last year (my first year of running).  At the beginning of the year I thought 1243 was a stretch.  Having a great group to learn from, to cheer on and to be cheered by made all the difference.

C'mon Jayvil and HappyFeat! Finish strong.

Hard to believe there's only 1 day left in the year and then we can all start fresh.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Finished my last run for 2009 and made it past 1500.  Double last year (my first year of running).

I'm sooo proud of you! You've made so much progress and done so well in such a short time span really.

Crabby: Congratulations for completing 1000 miles!

I think we all put out a lot of effort, achieving goals large and small, and deserve to celebrate our accomplishments this New Years holiday!

Dutchie42

Crabby: congrats!

Jay: come on, run! You can do it

Me: I'm not making goal this year, but I did run more than I did last year. Not by much. Maybe next year I'll do better in the 2nd half of the year

Dutchie

Dog-Love

I think we are all amazing!  Proud to be in this group and hope 2010 is a good one.  My plan is 2000K.
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)