2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 21-27 Dec - Shoveling snow ;)! (Read 337 times)

Dog-Love

Sorry about Hobbes...he is a youngster for such surgery so on that hand he will do well and recover well if you decide to do that.  Rusty is still up for 2-3 miles so I let his mood guide my runs with him.

I haven't been all that motivated lately with Xmas and meetings and finals and students who feel they did better than their grade reflects and on and on.  But today I am going to take in a quiet slow run on a cold and rainy day.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

6.8 today in cold, windy, rainy NYC. It was kind of fun, though. That puts me at 1506 miles, a PR.

Now it's time to take some rest and let things heal up. See y'all next year, stay in touch!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Happy Feat: that looks like such a scenic place to be. Is it close to home?

Yes, it's barely a 45 minute drive from my house into Olympic National Park. Here are some photos from today. Went out for about a 3-hour hike.  There is not as much snow as the year I took the avatar photo. No snow on the trees today in fact. Temps about 40! I was sweating in my snow pants and shedding all the top layers that I could.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HappyFeat

6.8 today in cold, windy, rainy NYC. It was kind of fun, though. That puts me at 1506 miles, a PR.

Now it's time to take some rest and let things heal up. See y'all next year, stay in touch!

Congratulations on over-achieving your goal and reaching a new PR. That's fantastic. Very well done!  Will you continue with this pace group since you're so far ahead?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dog-Love

Finishing this week on treadmills because the weather is crummy and my running buddy is out of town.  Am trying to make 1000 but I may be a bit shy

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Dutchie42

Perfesser: congrats on your PR! I'm just too inconsistent a runner to run that many miles I was hoping to make it to 1600 kilometers this year, but this week has not been good for running. In fact, despite my good intentions I haven't been out or on the treadmill at all this week. Too busy, too much sugary and fatty foods and so not in the mood for any high impact. I will hop on the TM today though. Get as close to that 1600 as I can

Happy Feat: wow! That looks beautiful! It's as flat as a pancake where I live

Crabby: you go girl!. 

Trey: is it HD what Hobbes has? Or is this different?

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Congratulations on over-achieving your goal and reaching a new PR. That's fantastic. Very well done!  Will you continue with this pace group since you're so far ahead?

Thanks everyone!

HappyFeat, I'll stick around, good peeps here. I miss Washington (lived in Everett for 3 yrs).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Happy - stunning scenery. I mean, like, WOW.

Duchie - yes, I guess so. Hobbes has hardly any cartilage in either hip joint.  

did a 20K trail run in Charlotte with a 4 other guys on Sunday. The weather was perfect. A little muddy. I started intentionally running directly in the middle of the puddles half way through. Then jumping, with both feet, into the puddles. It was awesome. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12