2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 17 March (Read 339 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

4.7 in Downtown L.A. to Dodger Stadium and Chinatown. I hate running downtowns, having to stop every block and stand there waiting for the light to change is a pain. Foot was acting up too. Still, it was nice to get out again.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Yesterday (it's Friday here) no workout to report. Why? Thursdays I only work half a day, but I had to work longer. Then had to wait for my hire car to be delivered (over 2 hours late). Then I barely made it in time to my PT appointment. So didn't get to go to swim class and running immediately after being treated by my PT didn't seem like such a good idea. Was my first PT appointment. She diagnosed my L-hip problem as inflammation of where a muscle attaches to the top of the hip bone). Sigh.... And the minor problem of the R-hip was being caused by compensating for the L-hip. Cause you run differently when it's painful. Baaad weather here, again: thunderstorms and hail. Gues I'll be on the TM today. I'll report back later.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Here's a link to where I live http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Almere First pic: I live where the yellow star is. You can tell how come I can see the lights of Amsterdam on a clear day when I run along the dike in the early morning. Second pic: My running area is along the rail road (black line) down to the smallest bit of the water, then go north along the dike. You can also see the big bend in the dike (almost 90 degrees) that I talk about sometimes. About 10K north from the big bend take a right till the rail road again. That's about the area I use for my running, without having to get in the car or on my bike to go somewhere else for a run. The town is spread out on both sides of the rail road (black line) and the high way (red lines). Red line along the dike goes along fields and forested areas on the other side and a water bird swampy nature reservation. You're not allowed to run there from late March till mid August as to not disturb the birds taking care of their young. The water you see used to be an inland see. Where I live used to be like 10 feet of water. If the dikes break I better be ready to swim a long ways, or I'll be swimming with the fishies forever.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

9.7K fast run with the doggies. I even ran 2k at 06:05/K It was DRY, with SUN and nearly WINDLESS Big grin for once. It was a very pleasant run! The dogs were also really in the mood for a good run. Don't think I've ever been this fast with the dogs.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Just 1.2 to the mailbox with Daisy and Jojo. Darned foot Angry Now I am in a very bad mood!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

A Saucy Wench

skied this week, 8 miles today. first 2 felt like running through mud..but then things loosened up. Smile

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

6ish yesterday and 6ish today... if I can just fit in 1.2 tomorrow I'll be to my 20 mpw goal. Not bad at all. Should be able to manage that in and amongst Easter things. Helped the BF paint his new bedroom in the new apt. today... does that count as a something cross training session?

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

Another sunny, dry and nearly windless run! Gorgeous morning. Couldn't let Spike of leasy cause all he wanted to do was dig and it was a bit too cold for that: windchill -2C. Postponed my long run till Monday. Partly because I don't have time to run for 4 hours on this Easter day. Partly because I wanted to get another 10K run in before doing my long run. I just hope I won't regret it tomorrow. Weatherforecast isn't that great.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

13.6 miserable miles. Eat junk for a week, running goes to pot. growl growl growl. I am just in a bad mood today I think Angry

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

6.2 today, a combination of 5 on the dreadmill watching the Malaysia F1 Grand Prix (recorded) and the rest with the dogs in shifts. They liked it, even Sammy, our old male, got to go. Foot still causing problems. I should be OK for the ING half, I'll be running it very slowly, pacing a 75-year-old friend from India who is running the full, until the split at mile 7 or so.

I run for Fried Chicken!

It's been beautiful and hot this weekend in LA. Walked 2 miles in the morning at the beach w/ the wife yesterday and then went back later in the day and ran/walked with a friend. Ran to my mom's house this morning for Easter brunch. 7.5 miles. Probably not the smartest thing to do, it was 86 degrees out during my run and I didn't bring any water. Good thing I brought some money with me. Stopped at a liquor store and picked up some water. I'm shocked at how fast I ran it considering how hot it was. Maybe I was itching to get out of the heat.