2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 28 June- 4 July (Read 500 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Yapper: nice to see you again What marathon will you be training for? If your near the midpoint, than your doing way better than me. Congrats.

Looks like Thunder Road in Charlotte in December will be my 2010 marathon.  Maybe next year I can double my marathon racing.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dog-Love

Dutchie:  Just past you again and I will say that my 4.8 mile run felt really good today.  I changed out some shoes (now in Sauconys) and had a bit of stiffness to start (kind of normal when you are over 50) but the rest of the run was fun and I only took one break to pet a 4 month old aussie huskie mix. 

Think I will bike tomorrow and then try a long one with my daughter on Saturday.  After all I am supposed to run a marathon in 3 weeks. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Did nothing today

Injury recovery

maybe tomorrow

That's today's running haiku 

MTA: Has Trey gone AWOL again? We may have to form a 2000km forum firing squad for desertion.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Did nothing today

Injury recovery

maybe tomorrow

That's today's running haiku 

MTA: Has Trey gone AWOL again? We may have to form a 2000km forum firing squad for desertion.

I'm gonna write that haiku down somewhere

How many runners in that firing squad? 

For 9-10 days I've been hyper-energetic. Feeling great and getting way more done than I usually do on 5-5.5 hrs of sleep. I knew I was gonna crash at some point. Well, I started crashing on Wednesday  

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Just a dude.

Eh... I half heartedly tried to put together a haiku, but it sounded dumb...

Speaking of dumb... 

Thursday I ran 3x mile repeats... each one faster, with a 1/4 mile jog between... with a warm up and cool down... Not a throw up yer breakfast type workout, but it was some decent work...

Then, my schedule kinda rearranged during the day, and I found out I could run an all comers track meet.  So there I was 12 hours later racing high school kids in the 1500... and if that wasn't enough, I came back for the 800 less than 2 hours later...

I was whooped good... 

Today I ran an easy 6... My legs were pretty tired and beat up... they feel better after the run tho...

Hamstring is probably 90%... I seem to have full strength, but it is tight sometimes... I have not tried to sprint on it yet... 

Longish run tomorrow...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm gonna write that haiku down somewhere

How many runners in that firing squad? 

For 9-10 days I've been hyper-energetic. Feeling great and getting way more done than I usually do on 5-5.5 hrs of sleep. I knew I was gonna crash at some point. Well, I started crashing on Wednesday  

Dutchie,

I don't mean to seem like a stalker but, you're in Europe so, based on your post times,  either you're up really late or really early! 

Spike seems like a "morning dog". That's funny because Georgia is a morning dog, she's up and ready to roll at what we used to call (in the military) O-dark:30. OTOH Daisy is definitely a night dog, like me, she takes awhile to get started in the morning. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

LOL Perfesser, I always try to figure out what the time difference is with everyone I was actually up really early. I try to be out of bed by 4h45 AM at the latest. Have coffee and surf the forums. Sometimes way too long and I miss a run . Try to leave the house before 6AM  for a run. But for runs up to 5K, I've been known to go out as late as 6h45 AM.

Spike is definitely a morning runner, especially in Summer.

This morning it started to rain so I waited. Big mistake. By the time we left, it was already 20C and very humid. Sweat was just dripping of me. I was getting a major headache too. Maybe I wasn't hydrated well enough.

Anyways, we all made it back after a really slow and difficult run (me).

Crabby: seems we are running together for now. Sweet!

Kelly: you're injury doesn't seem to bother you much anymore judging by your workouts.

Yapper: are you an experienced marathoner?

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

theyapper

On the road again...

Yapper: are you an experienced marathoner?

Heck no, but I want to be.  I've only done one (Richmond 2009) and thought that would be enough, but now I want to do another, which will be in Charlotte, NC this December.  So doubling my marathon racing in 2011 would just mean doing 2 instead of 1.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Imminent Catastrophe

4.7 easy today, recovery continues. I felt OK, no problems with the foot, but my HR was way up, partly due to heat/humidity but also I've lost some conditioning. Took Daisy for a short out-and-back, which she really loves.

Just a dude.

17 today... Felt pretty strong, but had about 1.5 miles of hills in the last 2 miles... they took a bit out of me...

Got faster as the run went on... finished probably 30 secs a mile faster than I was at about mile 1 or 2...

My hamstring isn't holding me back... Most days it lets me know it's there, and I have to monitor my pace and make sure my stride is good... Today I could forget about it for maybe half the run or a bit more... 

Next week I'll cut back some on the mileage with a race on Saturday...  I'm sure it will help...

-Kelly

HappyFeat

Hiked 4 miles RT up to the top of Mt. Storm King (4000 ft. elev.) this afternoon. The scenic draw is the views of Lake Crescent. DH and I spent an hour at the top appreciating the views. Here are some pics.

MTA: I misrepresented the actual climb. So a correction. The trail doesn't go to the tip-top and only goes from 700 feet to 2700 feet. I was just looking it up since it didn't feel that strenuous!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks for sharing! I used to live in Everett, really miss the PNW.

HappyFeat

We moved here from Calif. on a whim 10 years ago and have never regretted it - the scenery is gorgeous and trails are so accessible. Well not really on a whim, but it felt like it at the time because it came together in only 3-months time. We'd been wanting to move out of the city environment for a long time, just had to find the right place (one with jobs!), which we did.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Easy 5 for me tonight... makes for 63 on the week...

Kind of in a down mood... was kinda hard to get out the door... Holidays like today get me down...  Oh well...

-Kelly

Kind of in a down mood... was kinda hard to get out the door... Holidays like today get me down...  Oh well...

Friends and family, god and country, summer BBQ's and trips to the water park, I can see how that would drag a person down.

No running for me this weekend we were just too busy.  Went to fireworks two nights in a row.  Yesterday we spent the day at Water Country USA.   It was a little crowded but not as bad as we thought it would be.  It has been beautiful weather for spending time outside.  Unfortunately the entire state of VA is about ready to dry up and blow away.