2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 14-20 Dec - Stay warm! (Read 352 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning everyone,

It's a new week, let's make it a good one

This morning was 33 min of cardio kickbox (lots of punches, jabs, crosses, hooks, uppercuts, knee smashes and kicks). R-knee is really starting to bother me. Guess I'll leave out the kicks for a while. I may just do chambers.

Added on 31 min of LB, with some plyo work thrown in (plie squat then jump, jumping scissors, tough work).

Still have abs to do. And I'll bike to work (6.5 kilometers one way). It's -2C with a -6C wind chill, brrrrr.

So what did you guys do to start the week

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Wow Dutchie...here in Alaska its still Sunday and I wasn't even thinking about the week.  But I think I'll go to sleep and face the week tomorrow.  See ya all
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Was due to for a foggy run this morning but woke up around 4AM with a sharp throbbing pain in my left foot - the big toe joint area around the ball of my foot was swollen, tender, a little red, and warmth feeling in the joint. Based on the symptoms and the descriptions I've read, sounds like text-book gout. Crap. This is peak training week for Disney so I gotta get into a doctor ASAP.

Damn you uric acid!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Gout, Trey?!!! Isn't that an old people's disease caused by overindulgence? Just kidding. Seen a doctor yet? What's the treatment for gout? How long before you can run again?

Crabby, I think I'm like 9 hours ahead of you. Guess we'll never run together then

Dutchie

...---...

Doctor isn't sure if it's stress fracture or gout - we're treating both. If I respond to the anti-inflamatory steroids, it's gout. If not, stress fracture. I think I'd rather have a stress fracture, over and done. Gout is for life.

I should know more in a few days. 

Cheers and hope everyone has had a good Monday. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trey with a case of the gout?  What's next consumption?  The vapors?  Arthritis?

Imminent Catastrophe

Scurvy? Heh.

Had a very slow, painful, stiff 2 miles on the TM yesterday then a massage. The therapist said, basically, I'm AFU. It's all on the left side, I must really have an imbalance.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Gout? Scurvy?  What's gotten into you all??? I have nothing except an inability to sleep.  I HATE that.  Age or just worrying about world problems?  Get better Trey! And Perfessor...is AFU what I think it is?

WIll try for a 6 miler today if I can squeeze it in. 

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Dutchie42

This morning I did a 7K interval run pyramid style. Did pretty well, though I was again late hopping on the TM. I just spend too much time drinking coffee and surfing the internet. Maybe I shouldn't even turn on the computer before working out Wink

Had some great Xmas music at a 140-156 bpm.

Trey: do you know already what's wrong with your toe?

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

I just spend too much time drinking coffee and surfing the internet. Maybe I shouldn't even turn on the computer before working out Wink

This sounds like me! Today I procrastinated so long on the laptop that I didn't run at all. It's probably a good thing, my legs needed the rest anyway.

And Crabby, AFU is all (ahem) fouled up. What were you thinking?Big grin

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Today I procrastinated so long on the laptop that I didn't run at all.

That's been happening a lot wit me lately. But I've now told myself that I always have to run, even if I only have 10min left. Better get a mini-run in than no run at all, right, cause it's not happening after work. I know that for sure.

ETA:

Totally ran out of time this morning! Why? Well, for one, as usual I stayed downstairs too long with coffee and the internet. (2) I dropped my shake all over my dumbbels and had to clean up the mess before working out and (3) the w/o was longer than I expected (64minutes instead of approx. 50 min). Despite all that, I still managed to do a strength w/o chest/shoulders/triceps this morning. Anyways, because of (1), (2) and (3) I ran out of time to do abs.... again.

Dutchie

...---...

So my foot is like 80% better now. I've been taking an anti-inflmmatory steroid which seems to have really really helped. I still don't have results from my blood work but all signs point to gout (text book symptoms and response to meds).  Oh well, this is the hand I've been dealt...so, I'll deal with it.

I should be able to run later today (feel like I can) and should be able to get in 20 this weekend. 

Getting older is AWESOME :-)

MTA - still couldn't do a run today but th foot is WAY better. Thanks for the well wishes and eat some fruit...scurvy sucks. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

.is AFU what I think it is?

I'm guessing yes. 

We all seem to get a running bug in here around the same time. Jeff started it this time, not me ;-)

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

So Trey, cut back on the Foie Gras. Then you'll be fine. 

Srsly, hope it gets better soon. 

Dutchie42

WE HAVE SNOW!!!!

So excited to go out for a run in the snow. I love running in the first snow. We don't get snow often Wink And it tends to melt within a few hours and freezes up again. Absolutely hate that. But biking in those conditions is the (!) best core w/o you can get.

Ofcourse, we don't get inches of snow.... just a thin layer I wonder if we'll have a white Xmas for the first time since 1981?

Dutchie