2000Km-1243 mile club

January 2012 (Read 471 times)

Happy New Year

Started the year with  24.5km run.  More heavy rain, damn this summer down under.

Rest day tomorrow, so heading out for a 6km walk with my son and dad.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice Pukekura!

4 Mile Midnight Run in Central Park complete with fireworks and champagne at the aid station! 6000 runners and twice that many spectators, it was quite a lot of fun.

Now everyone go check out the YTD Distance graphs!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Now everyone go check out the YTD Distance graphs!

Ouch - and today is supposed to be a rest day for me.... but that zero looks real round! Nice to see the bunny on 0.1 miles though!

Happy New Year All!

2017 Goals
        1) Run more than 231 miles
        2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

I'm winning Big grin, probably for not much longer, but I will take it.

That midnight run sounds cool, PerfesserR.  Wish we had something like that around here.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Great start guys!

Very short jaunt down to my local park and back in the drizzle to shake off last night's champagne...maybe 5-6 miles tomorrow.

A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

4.5 this morning in wind and snow with one of my old running friends who I haven't run with for 8 months.  Lots to catch up on.  Everyone else seemed to be shoveling snow but I was glad to be running

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

18 more miles today, a grand tour of Manhattan. Hey, I'm on a pace for over 8000 miles this year!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Hi everybody -

3 mile recovery run for me today - well really a "walk/run" with DH (his first in a year). It was the perfect distance and speed for my legs after yesterday's tough 12-miler.

Your midnight run sounds like soo much fun, Russ. When I lived in Sacramento, there was a similar (but smaller) event that looped around the state Capitol building. I've missed that since moving here.

I saw this today - thought I'd share:

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

...---...

Happy new year everyone! 6 miler in 25 mph winds. Ok bunny, new year, new mission, game on!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

HappyFeat

Happy new year everyone! 6 miler in 25 mph winds.

Was the wind at your back at any point? That makes it more fun.

Happy New Year all, started 2012 off with a crowded 5k today.  Hopefully this will be my most consistent year running yet.

Dutchie42

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE Wink

Sorry, still haven't managed to get everything done in a day. This semester I'm taking two courses. I have a quote hanging right above my laptop: "Run the day or the day runs you." I'm hoping it will help me take control of my day. And get my runs/workouts in.

Anyone have some nice running goals for this year?

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this group and 2000k is really my stretch goal after 1000 miles, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I started out the year this morning with a 5 mile steady run followed by a few fast striders.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

Future Goals: 5:30 mile • 19:30 5k • 33:30 8k • 42:00 10k • 1:15:00 10-mile • 1:40:00 half-marathon • 1000 miles

HappyFeat

Anyone have some nice running goals for this year?

Hi Dutchie!

No big defined goals for me like I had last year. This year I just want to keep working my plan: avg 35 mpw and rotate my Saturday long run distances from 10-16. It will be an accomplishment if I could just maintain that for a year.

I'm going to sign up for the shorter distance events in the RootsRockRun trail series with no goal times attached since I have very little experience with trail racing/running. I really enjoyed the Spooky 12K they put on last October though and expect these will be exhilarating as well.

May 6   Forest 5K

July 8   Timber Town 10K

Aug 5    Port Gamble HM

Sept 2   Roots Rock 25K

I was slow to get on the board so I decided to go big today and get out in front of the bunny.  Nice to see some fresh faces here this year, welcome everybody and good luck.