2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 31 March (Read 264 times)

...---...

LOL Perfesser - yeah, it killed me to not run in Atlanta after training for it. I really appreciate the list of other half's near by in April. The Charlotte race would be really close. Raleigh Rocks, although a bit farther, sounds cool and doable. I'll get a run or two in this weekend and see how I feel. Not sure if I mentioned in here before that my soon to be former employer was making us move to Houston in May. But since we're staying now, I've got to start looking at all the spring/summer/fall events around here. Imogene - I'm still gonna chase you Big grin Dutchie - yeah, I was out of it pretty good and tried to rest as much as possible so I could have a solid recovery...and no recurrin problems. Hobbes says hello to spike, spook, daisy, jojo, and all the humans here. He reminds me everytime he sees me putting on running shoes that I have not been a very diligent running partner. Can't wait to get out though, especially now with all the azaleas and dogwoods blooming.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Where is spring? Good run this morning ...the end of a tough midweek ..almost 8 miles. I'm pooped and I still have to go to the gym today for weights Tongue Trey..glad you dont have to move to Houston...that is not a nice place to run in.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

REALLY bad week for running! Or working out in general. Or getting things done. Or work. Or ... well everything. This moving the clock forward has me totally depressed and sluggish in the morning: it's suddenly pitch black again and it feels way too early. It's getting better, but my whole week is crap. OK, done whining. How was your week people? Trey: how are you feeling? Spike and Spook bark back at Hobbes. Ennay: Spring's still in South Africa I think. It's cold, rainy, windy here. My magnolia is blooming but a lot of the buds had already fallen off before the tree could really show it's beauty. Perfesser: how about you? Feeling any better? ETA: to read posts and respond.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey, I lived in Houston for a while, it's not a fun place to live. Another 6 yesterday with Daisy. The crud dropped down to my lungs but it's almost gone now. My foot is forcing me to change to a forefoot-striker, I used to be a heel-striker. It's a hard adjustment, my achilles tendons aren't used to it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

Did 3 miles on the treadmill last night, have to admit that I really wasn't feeling it. My calves are still bothering me, despite being really good about... everything I can think to be good about to help them. Okay, except making a podiatry appt. Trey- Glad you're still chasing me, I need someone on my tail to keep me going. Dutchie - Time changes really screw you up, but you'll adjust. I hope the weekend feels rejuvenating MTA: Four miles this afternoon with my roommate. Pretty fast up and over a hill. Test run for the calves. Jury still out. JeffGoBlue, you are in my mileage sights... I will catch you. Big grin

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dutchie42

9.4K in the rain. What's new?! But temp was fine, so it didn't feel cold at all. Doggies loved it. Spike was in total running mode. Spooky was being Spooky, running thru rain puddles and a little skidding thru the mud Smile Added LB and shoulders and triceps. Hadn't done that in a while. BTW, weather forecast for tomorrow is mixed snow and rain.... ARghHHHHH

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

4.5 today. Normally wouldnt run that far before a race but would run faster, but I'm just not that keyed up right now. I'm not really racing it so eh...

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

I just have to tell: I was fitting a new bra in front of the mirror, moving around a bit. And I stared at my thighs. You can literally see the muscles move. I now just had to do some poses of course Big grin I've always been able to see muscles move just about everywhere on my body, but not my thighs (or abs, sigh). Is that what marathon training does to you? BTW, biked around town today to run errands.

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

4 miles today at 10:28 pace. For me, that is absolutely FLYING! It felt wonderful. My week runs Sunday through Saturday, and I ran 30.2 miles this week, a PR. I'm starting to feel not quite so sluglike when I run! Dutchie, that's great about seeing your thigh muscles! I have to admit, I like looking at myself in the mirror now. I have a waist, and a space between my legs - both have been missing for a long time. Big grin Big grin Big grin

dork.major dork.

Yay for muscles in mirrors. Love that! I did 10+ today at 8:45 min/mile. My average heartrate was 154 and we were trying to keep it at a pretty light and easy pace. So, I was pretty happy with that since I've been thinking that 9 was my "long and slow" pace, but was having a lot of trouble holding myself to that (i.e., I would always go too fast), but I think this heart rate means that I can legitimately move that pace up, right?

Ringmaster

Big grin Yes, I also am enjoying mirrors much more than when I weighed 169. Imogene, you are fast! I did my 10 today on the 'mill at 10:13. I know I'd be faster on the road, but even during my half I only managed to sustain a 9:20 pace. You go, girl! Trey, glad you're okay. Glad you're back on the road, too, as I'm sure the pooches are. Spring has bypassed us completely here in Florida and summer is in full swing. I went out for a six miler with my 2yo in the jogging stroller. It was about 80 at 9am, sunny and steamy. Well, we got caught good in a summer thunderstorm and got completely drenched. Gotta remember not to trust the South Florida sky--always check the radar from now on, especially when taking the jogging stroller out! In spite of having to cut that run short, I managed to have my highest mileage week ever, without even trying. Funny. Perfesser, what breed is Daisy? Is she as slim and trim as she looks?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                        Mile by Mile

Dutchie42

The weather today? I had just about everything: warm sun, freezing wind, rain, hail. But the weather wasn't the worst this time. In the first approx. 15K I had to jump behind a tree about every 500 meters to pee. It was awful. Once I got myself dressed again and ran like 2 minutes, I had the urge to pee again. It made the run soooo mentally tough. It was really really hard. Wanted to go home after 20K. But I struggled on and managed 29.2K out of the 30K I had planned. Didn't quite make the goal. I had a gel with water at 15K, 3 sips of sports drink and two bites of a rice bar with fructose and yoghurt at 10-20-25K. Seemed to be OK for the distance. Spike was in no mood to run today. He was just sniffing and digging. And when he found a tennis ball, well, there was no way I could make him run. So took him home after only 10 minutes. For some reason didn't have the patience for him today. Spooky was her usually self: rain puddles and mud. Have to clean the floor where ever she's lying down in the living room Wink She did good though. Definitely better than me.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Just got back from my HM...very very very psyched! Big grin http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/e3ec8f7260244622b3ad4d9bc491127d

Dutchie42

CONGRATS on a great race Ennay. You did really well. And yes, don't you hate it when you know you have to train harder to run your next race faster Big grin I'll repeat myself: you are soooo fast Wink Too fast for me.

Dutchie

dork.major dork.

Ennay! That's so awesome, congratulations. That is basically what my HM looked like in the fall and it was SO fun and such a rush to blow past my own goals. Loved it!! Of course, now there is the next goal Smile