2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 11Jan - 17 Jan (Read 395 times)

I just got back from my second PT.  I am fairly encouraged.  It feels like it might actually be making a difference.  Working on hip flexor flexibility, and core strength.  I'm doing my best to take it slow and not run until I get the OK.

I'm on the right

I'm going to have a slow week.  My body hurts from last week and I'm traveling....oh well, at least I should stay ahead of the bunny.

I'm Eric, the guy who runs to keep his sanity.

Dutchie42

Heffa: very smart to wait till the PT says you can run. Don't think I can say that I've ever been that smart

eric_allan: rest can sometimes do you more good than running.

Me: nothing to report for Monday. That 10 miler took more out of me then I thought and I needed the extra sleep. That's my story and I'm sticking with it

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Got in a whole 3.5 miles on the TM today, the back and leg are slowly getting better. Fingers crossed!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Nice avatar Perfessor!!!  Looks like he may need a run.

Ran 3 on the TM after a horrendous ab workout.  Note to self....remember to do some ab work every other day.

Where are those Goofy medals Trey?

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Hey guys - just got back in from Orlando late yesterday. I've got lots and lots to report and some cool photos which I'll  do in a separate thread after I get some work done.

The short of it for Russ or anyone else thinking about doing Goofy - do it, the back-to-back mileage wasn't the factor I thought it would be but I took my time, ate well, and still walked all around a park after the 1/2. If you do go in 2011, go knowing that you're there to have fun and rather than a serious race. If you're not in corral A, put your PR hopes on hold. We went with the intention of taking lots of photos and video, which we did, and it was a great time despite record cold temps and wind chill factors that made Chicago, Boise, and Ottawa residents say the conditions were tough. 

The weather was a bit of a surprise and the conditions made it tough to stay positive. The standing around waiting for the event to start sucked. But Disney knows how to put on a race. There is no advantage (time wise) to staying off site from a resort, imo. We found that we had to get up just as early for bag drop despite our being only 2 miles away from EPCOT. 

My left knee was swollen Monday and Tuesday. Better today. The cold + lots of concrete on the courses caused it, I suspect. 

More to come - cheers. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

The medals.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey, why are all your races struck through? Did I miss something?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Trey, why are all your races struck through? Did I miss something?

Fixed. Tried to strike through only Goofy. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: sounds like a fun race. The name alone would make me run it if I lived anywhere near it Where's the separate thread?

Perfesser: that dog of yours drives me nuts

Crabby: horrendous ab w/o? What on earth did you do?

Me:

The UK RW sent me their weekly e-mail with the 1st week of London Marathon training. I picked their interval training and did a modified version of it on the TM:
                      1.5 kilometers@9K
                      1.5 kilometer@10K (this is really fast for me)
                      100 meter recovery walk + 700 meters@8.5K (felt very slow)
                      1.5 kilometers@10K
                      100 meter recovery walk, skipped the other 700 because of time constraints
                      2.2 kilometers@9K
                      total mileage = 7.6 kilometers.
                      Didn't feel like a very hard run, but not easy either.

Dutchie
                      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

Trey: sounds like a fun race. The name alone would make me run it if I lived anywhere near it Where's the separate thread?

Crabby: horrendous ab w/o? What on earth did you do?

Well #1 is that I never do any Ab work so there is that.  Any ab work for me is horrendous.  I know I should but I just don't.  So I am trying to work on that.  Meanwhile today I am sore.  It was a half hour class that took you though about 20 different exercises, some that made even this 6 pack guy cry.

12 inches of snow today so I opted out of my run.  Nice medals Trey and I ran the HM one year and hated the wait in coral H (I had no idea what those corals were for since I only run small races)

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, he drives me nuts too. But I hear you. I'll try to get him to stop after a few laps.

Trey: love the medals.  Was talking with a guy today who just ran the full.  Starting to pencil it in to my end of the year calendar.

Tempo run this evening.  Tried to be smart and actually did the easy warm up/cool down around 2 miles at better than 10K pace. Is there anything better than getting out there and just opening it up and running hard?

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

Trey:  Good job, man! I'm so impressed that you did two solid races like that back-to-back. Why did you get three medals?? The third says something like 39.3 and is a "5" - what's that about?

Everyone here impresses me with their restraint during setbacks - Jeff, Russ.

I feel like the only one without any common sense sometimes.

Crabby: I know what you mean about the post-workout pain -  both in a good way and not  so good.. My New Year's resolution to start working out with weights again was going so well until I included an arm/shoulder exercise called a "Cuban press" (I don't know why)  that hurt when I did it, I thought "that's not good," but did it anyway. It's taken about a week for my left shoulder to feel better! I feel like I've lost some of my momentum/resolve to work out, but will give it another go because I need to do it.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

...---...

Brian - you'll have a good time. Take a point and shoot camera (although they give you a disposable in your goody bag) and have fun like this: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2036617&id=1585536253

Happy - thanks. Yes, the 3rd medal is the Goofy Challenge medal. It only signifies that you completed both. Regarding the "5" on that medal, this was the 5th anniversary of the Goofy.  

Gooffy is going up to $310 for 2011...cough cough cough

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12