2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check in 28 Dec - 3 Jan (Read 352 times)

Dutchie42

Finished the year with 9.3 kilometers on the treadmill

2010 here I come! See you guys all next year.

Everyone: happy new year!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

The Plodder

Hi fellas (and ladies)

I am new to the group for 2010 - i look forward to participating and getting to the 2K mark injury free and 20-30lbs lighter!!!

just one more today to finish off for '09, the let the quest begin!!

Trey - No reason to run today.  I know you are tired and want to save it for next year.  Just take the day off and whatever you do don't look at the YTD Distance, it will just make you sad

I made it to 1000 miles and through a move to another (albeit next door and super friendly) country. I'm pretty happy and ready to tackle 2000K starting tomorrow.

Happy New Year Everyone!

A

Recalculating...

...---...

Trey - No reason to run today.  I know you are tired and want to save it for next year.  Just take the day off and whatever you do don't look at the YTD Distance, it will just make you sad

ha ha ha ha...Well, Jeff, I just have to run the last day of the year. But please know I tip my hat to your distance and know you would have smoked me had you not incurred the injury. 

Maybe I'll just go out for 0.1 miles. 

MTA - Welcome aboard Plodder. This is a great group. More like a family than a mileage group. Anyway, see you all in '10. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Woke up to snow preventing my last 8 miles!  Treadmill AGAIN - but I did it!  2000KM in 2009!  Now I need a nap.

Nice job everyone else finishing off the year strong!

2010 Goals: Danbury Half Marathon: <1:42:00; boston="" run="" to="" remember:=""></1:42:00;><1:42:00; nyc="" marathon:=""></1:42:00;><3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash! finish:="" run="" amuck="" and="" warrior=""></3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash!>
              HappyFeat

Woke up to snow preventing my last 8 miles!  Treadmill AGAIN - but I did it!  2000KM in 2009!  Now I need a nap.

Congratulations Jay!! I knew you could do it.

I'm totally with you on the nap thing. I've been yawning all morning

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Congratulations to all for your great accomplishments!  New mileage records and PR's for just about everybody by the sounds of it.  Even with the last two months off with injury I still managed to set a new yearly mileage myself!  I definitely plan on coming back for another year to share my efforts with a great bunch of people.  I will almost certainly not make the 2000Km mark but I'm sure we will all have fun trying.

When I finally get this injury behind me I am going to do significantly more cross-training so the running miles are going to take a big hit.  Maybe I need to change my goal to triathlons instead of ultras.  Seems like there could be a 200,000 calorie group instead that counts all the cross-training.

I wish each of you a healthy and happy new year!

Dog-Love

I have 5.8 miles more to do for 2009 and I think I can squeeze it in between kids soccer and winter snoeshoe running tryouts.  When is my life going to revolve around ME again? 

Happy new year

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    HappyFeat

Congratulations, Erica!! I knew you'd cross the finish line by today. Good for you!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Aw, all that work and it's all back to zero.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: we all start from scratch again

Today was supposed to be UB and abs, but instead I got rid of the Xmas tree and all the decorations and cleaned the living room. Took me 5 hours! Ofcouse, I had coffee and chocolats inbetween, and was watching Harry Potter while I was doing it

BTW, why am I #50 in the list. I wanna be on page 1... whine and whine some more

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Good start to the year. New Year's Day 5K in 28º weather. Got to try out my new tights (I've run in track pants in cold weather up to now).  Very weird experience: now I know why they call them tights.  PR'd with a 24:30, an improvement of 3:34 from this same race last year. Now to work on translating some of that speed to longer distances.

BTW, why am I #50 in the list. I wanna be on page 1... whine and whine some more

Dutchie: I think you know what you have to do to fix that....

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I like this time of year - I'm ahead of the bunny!  We'll see if I can stay ahead longer in 2010.  Running 4.5 miles in the snow today was fun!  That's my favorite kind of run.

...---...

Dang, right out of the gate and Crabby is ALREADY ahead of me. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12