2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly mileage check-in week of 19 May (Read 364 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yep, Trey, you're definitely crazy! Of course, that's what my family in Texas says when I tell them I run in 8 degree, windy conditions!

A Saucy Wench

maybe I'm just crazy...well, I think that's been established...but I love running in "warmer" weather. Maybe not 90 degrees warmer but the mid-low 80's don't bother me too much. The humidity, on the other hand... Signed up for a 5K this weekend in Brevard, NC. I missed doing any "racing" in April so will be good to get back doing this again.
      Ack 80 degrees. You sound like my dh. He loved running when we lived in Texas. He would go out in that 100 degree shit. Now after being in Oregon for 13 years he is getting "wimpy" He finds 95 a bit warm. But he thought this weekend (90's) was perfect running weather and that my 60 degree rainy run today would be miserable. Psycho.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

Oh my goodness. I couldn't do that. I always joke that I am a northern flower and would wilt in hotter temperatures. Did almost 2.5 tonight, quickly before heading off to a church thing, just to get the miles in.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Dog-Love

I took the day off...I am organizing a 5 person relay race here in Juneau (23 miles total 5 legs). I have run it before and now I know how many details go into these things. m hhoping for 25 teams. Stop by if y'all have a chance. Tomorrow I am hoping for anything over 7...No heat please
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Dutchie42

Back when I was into this running thing for the first time, about 30 years ago, I hated the cold and loved to run in the heat. Nowadays, I love running at temps between 2-14C on breezy days. Hate running at any temp. over 18C regardless of the wind. Was feeling realy tired with a bad headache this morning. Only did abs. I'll get a run in after work and report back Smile

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nowadays, I love running at temps between 2-14C on breezy days. Hate running at any temp. over 18C regardless of the wind.
              I'm right there with you. That's the best temp range for me to run in, bar none. No run yesterday. Work got too hectic to do the lunch-time run, but since it was 85°F (29°C), it would've sucked anyway. I had every intention of doing the treadmill, but by the time I got the kids to sleep, and got some very necessary cleaning done around the house, it was 10:30. And I thought as much as I hate missed days, it would be nice to go to bed at a reasonable time and get a good night's sleep for a change. So that's what I did. I won't be able to run at lunch today either, but I really don't want to skip two days in a row, so it has to be treadmill for me tonight.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

5.7 struggling miles this morning

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

A PR - 11.0 miles this morning!!! PERFECT running conditions - 50 degrees, sunny, and slight breeze. The last mile and a half was hard, but I concentrated on the hundredths of a mile clicking by and made it. No sore muscles or twinges - amazing. I SHOULD be ahead of the bunny for good now, unless something unexpected happens. So there, bunny!

...---...

4.3 last evening after the storms...started raining lightly again about 0.5 into it. 63 F (17 C) at run time after a little hail cooled things down. No storm damage...just much needed rain.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Rave Run along the Wetlands trail. 5.23 miles of perfect 50 degree weather. I have to double up since this afternoon I have kids running group which is good for 2-3 miles. Keeps me ahead of the bunny though...barely
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Rave Run along the Wetlands trail. 5.23 miles of perfect 50 degree weather. I have to double up since this afternoon I have kids running group which is good for 2-3 miles. Keeps me ahead of the bunny though...barely
                        Crabby, you live in a truly spectacular place with so many great places to run...I envy you, except in the winter! Teresa--caught the bunny. Congrats! I'm still waaaayyyy behind. Just a measly 1.2 today due to being too busy and a bad back. Took the dogs on a short run.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

easy 5 with the boys in the hood.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

Congrats on passing that bunny Teresa Big grin

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congrats on passing that bunny Teresa Big grin
                              Thanks, Ennay! I'm pretty happy about it. And not sore at all this morning!
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Uh, oh. No run yesterday. Two unscheduled off days in a row. I hadn't planned to taper for next Monday's race, but here we are. I had lunchtime errands to run, so I planned on running last night on the treadmill. But lo and behold, I got a new phone -- a sweet Blackberry Curve. So naturally, I was up until almost midnight playing with my new toy. Which meant I not only didn't run last night, but I was too tired to wake up and do it this morning. And I have a busy lunch hour again today. And "Lost" is on tonight, so that endangers tonight's run. I have to keep telling myself that this won't affect the race. Because there isn't really anything I can do this week to make me faster. So it's ok, but I do need to run if only to keep my legs loose and keep from being flat. Last week was my best mileage week in ages, and the point that I felt the best was after the 40th mile. So I don't wanna be out of sorts -- for me, more is better.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.