2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly mileage check-in week of 19 May (Read 364 times)

A Saucy Wench

Jeff...get your ass out there and RUN dammit. You had your taper, now time to get moving. What race do you have monday? I have a 10K. Monday races screw with my schedule.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff...get your ass out there and RUN dammit. You had your taper, now time to get moving.
      Thank you for the much-needed tough love!
      What race do you have monday? I have a 10K. Monday races screw with my schedule.
      Cotton Row 10k in Huntsville, AL. One of the largest races in AL -- Kenyans often show up and run sub-30 (which is slow for them, but it's a tough course). So no AG hardware this week.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Cotton Row 10k in Huntsville, AL. One of the largest races in AL -- Kenyans often show up and run sub-30 (which is slow for them, but it's a tough course). So no AG hardware this week.
        C'mon...you gonna let a little thing like Kenyans stand in the way of hardware? HTFU man. Mine is the Master's Championship 10K. Non- Masters are allowed to run but up until a couple years ago there were no awards for non masters (maybe top 3 or something) but over 40 there are awards for every single year, not just every 5. I think they had to put back 5 year AG awards when they made it part of the 10K points series. I'm trying to earn points in all of the races early in the year because I will probably skip the 2 right before my marathon. And who knows how I will be after my marathon. My post marathon running history is pretty bleak. MTA - just looked at your PR's. You're a bit speedy for me Big grin

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

MTA - just looked at your PR's. You're a bit speedy for me Big grin
          I'm about 20 years and 20 lbs. removed from those. My "realistic" goal is under 42 minutes, and my "total HTFU dream race" is sub-40. We shall see.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

I managed to get in a nice 8.2 miles today, it was a beautiful day and I felt pretty good. The change to forefoot striking is slow and difficult but it's starting to work. I still need a couple of quality long runs before Grandmas but at least I've gotten some regular, consistent 6-8 milers in, which is a big help.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran 8 tonight and it felt like a hard run. I was breathing hard the whole first mile. I didn't feel like I got into a groove until 4.5 miles in. Then it started getting easier. Any idea why that happens? It makes for a crappy run overall because it takes so long for me to get into it.
              Dutchie42

Aaron: were you maybe tired? HR higher than usual? It happens to me when I run after work. My HR is up by at least 10bpm compared to my morning runs and I have a hard time controlling my breathing. Very busy folks with my remodelling. Been cleaning the living room floor after work. It takes a lot of elbow grease to get that grouting stuff of the tiles. Living room is finished now and we moved the couches and coffee table back in. And the tv ofcourse. Very important! I'll be sanding window and door frames after work today. Getting them ready to be painted tomorrow. Once the first layer of paint is on, I'll be sticking woodpanelling to the wall. That's my weekend, what does yours look like?

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff...get your ass out there and RUN dammit. You had your taper, now time to get moving.
                  All right, my unintended taper is finally over. Even though I managed to screw around on the computer and my new Blackberry for an inordinate amount of time last night, I I finally got onto the treadmill at 11:15 pm and did a 5-miler. I think I was nervous about coming in here and telling Ennay that I missed another one. She means business with those boxing gloves. Surprised The run felt pretty good, which means today may suck -- I'm usually lousy the second day after a long layoff. Granted, it was only two days, but it felt like an eternity. I'll try to slog out an easy 4~5 at lunch today. Race day is Monday, so I'm gonna try to do my Saturday and Sunday runs in the morning, as the race starts at 7am.

A Saucy Wench

Jeff - THat is better. I didnt want to have to change my avatar to something more serious. 6.6 or 6.7 or so this morning, Garmin is downstairs. Aaron - crappy runs happen. I now expect them. Big grin

Dog-Love

Great job everyone...I am planning on tapering for a race I am not running but organizing for tomorrow. Maybe I'll taper a bit for Jeff too so he can go do the fast sub 40 runs. I have planned to run 10 all week but can't make the time for anything over 6. Oh well. Jeff go ahead and line up with the Kenyans...its surprisingly intimidating to them! Perfessor 8.2 sounds like the perfect distance to me right now.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Made it 4.5 fairly hilly miles with my RP. Both of us had heavy legs! Probably due to our long run Wednesday, plus running yesterday. No soreness, though, so I take that as a good sign. Planning on 4.5 miles tomorrow to get to 35 for the week! Jeff, good work! I'm glad you got back to it so Ennay doesn't have to beat you up.

...---...

That's my weekend, what does yours look like?
                          pretty much in order: Friday evening - drink a beer + mucho agua. Saturday - 5K race, rescue coon hound mix (pending the Hobbes test), drink beer Sunday - play with Hobbes and possibly new dog, long run, muchos agua then drink beer Monday - see if new dog takes to a short run, drink beer, maybe mow the lawn, then drink more beer Seriously though, other than the 5K, rescuing a sweet adult hound mix (eminent danger of being euthanized), and a couple of runs, I don't plan on getting in my car until Tuesday morning...which is good with all the beer drinking and all. So many wonderful summer lagers out now...so little time.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

hmmm... my weekend longish run tomorrow, then hold down the fort while dh goes biking sunday do a short run with striders and maybe have friends over monday 10K race and then relax or have friends over if we didnt have them over one of the other 2 days. weather is supposed to be warm and rainy most of the weekend.

Imminent Catastrophe

Seriously though, other than the 5K, rescuing a sweet adult hound mix (eminent danger of being euthanized),
                              Four dogs (all rescued) in my house have a new hero, and it's Trey! We're having a thunderstorm right now and two of them are hiding in the closet. They really hate storms.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Waves to everyone. Did an 8.5K run early this morning with Spooky only. Was in a hurry today. Lot's of stuff I had to do and no time for Spike's sniff&diggs. He was very upset. Went to the supermarket to get breakfast. Had coffee, OJ and croissants for breakfast. Then took the remnants of my old kitchen to the dump. That made for 4 rides over there (small car). Kept me busy for the better part of two hours. Went out and got doggie food and new doggie pillows and treats. And it was already time for lunch After lunch I sanded all 4 window frames of my kitchen. Then cleaned them, and cleaned and cleaned again. By 3PM I could finally put on the 1st layer of paint (a creamy white). It's drying now Tongue I'm finishing the kitchen floor. And once that's done, I'll have the boys bring in the dinner table and chairs. If I feel up to it, I'll prep the front windows in my living room. Man I'm tired! But I'm slowly turning my house back into a home Wink

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.