2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly check-in: It's almost Christmas Eve! (Read 374 times)

HappyFeat

Can't believe we're here and didn't notice until now we're still writing in a November thread - our focus is clearly on the running! Good for us!  Hey boys and girls - just want to wish you a Very Merry Christmas and good runs through the end of the year and beyond. My Xmas Wish is that next year, more of our group members will post how they're doing - how about it? Happy Holidays to all!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks Happy. 

I had a nice long-ish run in Central Park, it was cold but I had a nice hard 12-miler. IT looks like I'll end the year with around 1300 miles. Less than previous years but I had a better year and am starting the new year off healthy and feeling good so it's all good. 

Let's all keep the 2 million meter group active in 2011!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Been running lame but running al the same and next year will still check in.  My dog Rusty can still run 4 so if he can then I can!  I'm proud of all of you who made the goal and I will aim for it next year as well

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Congrats to you all who made their goal this year. I didn't, but I did run more than I ever have in the past.

Did you all have a great Xmas? Lot's of good food? Running related presents?

I've had a serious lack of motivation since my half in October. Trying to get back in running mode, cause I have this marathon in May that's all paid for (including flight and B&B). All the snow we've had since late November wasn't helping my motivation. I did pretty well two weeks ago, but then slipped and fell last Wednesday hurting my R-side. Had to skip 5 days of running/exercise. Then when trying to run yesterd ay, I had to quit after only 6 minutes cause I felt so nauseous. For some reason the impact of running upset my stomach. Again, not helping my motivation. I try to run again in a few minutes, see how my stomach feels about it today.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dog-Love

I did not make my 1000 mile goal but I did sign up to enter the lottery for New York Marathon so I love having a goal.  Had a very mellow Xmas and am heading to Salt Lake CIty for a meeting next week.  Want to noty travel so much next year if I can help it...and I can.  Want to only travel for running

Happy Holiday all of you

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I'll end up with a bit over 1300, lowest in the last few years but I feel like it was better, I had more fun, less injury and think I'm in better shape. I think my tactic of longer runs with more days off in between makes more sense for me. But it reduces my overall mileage. 

I found out there's a 12-hour run on San Francisco Bay on New Years' Eve and it just happens that I'll be there all day, so I registered. I won't run the whole 12 hours but should get in a nice long run, I've never done one of these timed races before and wanted to check it out. Some people say those are a lot of fun. We'll see. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

PerfesserR: running for 12 hours around a 1-mile track....? lemme know how fun it really isClown

Crabby:  Yay for Rusty still running 4-milers! Dogs have a way of keeping you on track, don't they? They enjoy it so much that they remind you to enjoy it too.

Dutchie: Sorry to hear you're injured; sounds like you really hit hard. I know what you mean about the lack of motivation. I think it's all the darkness and bad weather...not inviting...I've not been feeling tiptop either, but I have my new 30 mpw goal that keeps me motivated to get out the door. I go out with my game plan to NOT look at my pace, just the distance. I've been going slow and just tune into how it feels. After the first couple miles, I get warmed up and find I am enjoying myself after all.   Did I ever tell you how much I like those CWX Pro Shorts after all? (I'm wearing them in the photo there.) I just got the knee length Expert Shorts for Xmas, but haven't run in them yet because it's been too cold at night when I go out.  Other than that, no new running gear for Xmas. We had a very quiet day. I made homemade pizza - (yes pizza for Xmas!) at DH request. What can I say? It did turn out to be the best one I've ever made though. I think he liked it more than the traditional holiday meals I've made in the past. 

It's been a rough December here in Virginia.  This place just can't cope with any significant amount of snow and we've gotten dumped on a couple of times already.  14 inches on Christmas day still has this place paralyzed.  It's been hard finding the time/place to run with the early darkness and snow covered roads.

I've really enjoyed the 2,000,000 m group again this year and plan on being back next year.  My mileage total was nowhere near the mileage I would like to be doing, but I'm counting 2010 a huge success.  Considering when I came into the year I questioned whether I could run significant mileage ever again.  Managed to check Boston off the list and more important I learned alot about injury prevention.

My big Christmas present was a new fuel belt for using with my new Hammer supplement plan.  It has plenty of room for packs of endurolytes, Perpetuem tabs and gels.

Congrats to everybody on their 2010 accomplishments, and good luck to all of those that are struggling.  See you all next year.

In Halifax for 12 hours between Labrador and Maine... just wanted to wish every one a peaceful New Year - free of injuries and full of rewarding running. Talk to you in January, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

just wanted to wish every one a peaceful New Year - free of injuries and full of rewarding running.

+1 to that, Ayola.

I think we've all learned a lot this year about managing and preventing injuries - everyone gets a Gold StarlBig grin

I agree with Jeff - this is a fun, supportive board. I've enjoyed it very much this past year or so that I've been on it.

Look forward to sharing 2011 with all of you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh my Gosh, I just checked my totals and realized I just logged 6241 RunningAhead miles, that's...

Ten Million Meters! Mwahahahahah...

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR: running for 12 hours around a 1-mile track....? lemme know how fun it really isClown

Crabby:  Yay for Rusty still running 4-milers! Dogs have a way of keeping you on track, don't they? They enjoy it so much that they remind you to enjoy it too.

Yeah, I know it sounds tedious. I'll find out. It is, however, right on San Francisco Bay with views of the Golden Gate and Alcatraz. 

I'm glad to hear that Rusty still enjoys the run. I took Daisy for a 5-miler today and she's incorrigible as always, she thinks she's the lead dog pulling a sled, even down an icy hill. Unfortunately the vet found a mass in her anal glands and says that is usually a malignant tumor. Daisy goes in tomorrow to have it removed and biopsied. I couldn't bear to be without Daisy, my coach, running partner and chief motivator, and she works for just  chewies! Can everyone just send some positive vibes for Daisy? Thanks.

HappyFeat

(((Daisy))))  Hey Daisy, a long time ago I had a huge German Shepherd named Champ who got a malignant tumor there. He had surgery and was fine forever after. So don't you worry your gorgeous head about it - OK? You have many many happy runs ahead of you!

Dog-Love

Daisy looks so regal!!!  Best of luck to the both of you. I can't even think anything but great thoughts for Daisy.

Dutchie42

Owww Daysy, you're gorgeous! Big hugs and snuggles from Spikey and Spooky. Hope it's not as bad as it all sounds and you'll feel better soon.

Everyone a wonderful 2011 and may all your dreams and hopes come true.

Happy: aren't they great those CW-X tights/shorts? I got myself a pair of Insulator stabilyx tights for Xmas. It's great!

Perfesser: I think you'll be bored silly, despite the great views.

Did a 5.5K yesterday and the hip is feeling much better. Trying for a 10K later today. Spooky's been vomiting since late afternoon yesterday so I'll hop on the TM. If she doesn't feel any better today I'll call the vet.

I love it here. I'll be back again next year, all geared up and motivated to make goal Clown

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.