2000Km-1243 mile club

weekly check-in: It's almost Christmas Eve! (Read 374 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Not bored, although I did utilize the iPod for 20-30. Cool, breezy day by the Bay. I had a near-catastrophic colon explosion at mile 10 (thank goodness it's only a mile loop) and a nasty blister on my spastic right foot after 26. Otherwise I felt pretty good. It was tough in the mid-20's but got a second wind at 29. Talked to some Maniac Friends and met Epic Bill Bradley, an ultra-endurance athlete who has done Badwater, swam the English Channel (most of the way, anyway), and is training for the 135-mile Arrowhead Ultra across Northern Minnesota in February! That was pretty cool, nice guy. I even got to use my headlamp for the last couple laps, I felt like a realy ultra-stud doing that Big grin It was nice to have a really well-supplied aid station, portajohns,  and my drop bag every mile. 

Anyway, I did 33.8 miles in 6 hours 5 minutes. And that's 2010 in the books.

Happy New Year everyone!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Holy smokes perfessor!  Nice job ringing out the year.  Hope Daisy is OK and that 2011 is very very good to all of us...  I have verfew vocal goals and many secret goals...One of my secret goals that I will share with you all since I know you can keep a secret is that I get to run the NY marathon (entered the lottery last week) and that my health and running improves.  My other secret goal is a sub 1:50 HM.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Crabby, hope to see you in Staten Island!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Perfesser: wow, hat's off to you. I couldn't do it. I hate running loops.

Worst run in years: not only did I have serious DOMS in my butt and hamstrings from Friday's strength training, the roads were icey! As in melted snow frozen over again. I had to walk as often as I ran. Or at least that's what it felt like. I was slipping and sliding for most of my run. I cut it short to 10K instead of 20K.There was a drizzle about half way thru my run which made conditions even worse. Both knees feel tender now. From all the slipping and sliding I guess.

There was nobody out except me. All the other runners I saw yesterday were probably waiting for the sun to come out and make the ice disappear.

By the way, if you want a bad case of DOMS as well, try sliding disks....

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

A really BIG BIG hug to Daisy!!!

http://www.dicorsaaseizampe.com

Imminent Catastrophe

Daisy thanks everyone for the well-wishing. She came through her surgery well and, typically, wants to run, but we won't let her. We're just waiting for the biopsy, that's the big thing now.

Three easy on the treadmill with Daisy coaching, she gets one chewy up front and one every 1.5 miles. I'm not too sore from Friday, but the blister is still not healed.