2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 10 - 16 January 2011 (Read 480 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

No new weekly thread yet?

Mon: 20 min run with the dogs (2.35 kilometers) + 56 minutes of UB and LB strength training.

Tue: 2.8 kilometer run with the dogs.

Another crisp, cold morning. Was so not in the mood for a run. In the end made myself go out with the dogs; they had to be walked, might as well put on my running shoes.
    It was very slippery out there. I didn't expect that. But it was very nice to be out regardless. Now I was annoyed with myself for waiting till the last minute, cause I didn't have time for anything longer than 3 kilometers with the dogs. Running with dogs always takes extra time due to doggie business, plus in the slippery circumstances, whenever a car approached,I stepped of the road just to be safe.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Mon: 3 easy miles. Had to run on treadmill due to snow. I thought it would be a good idea to do a hill workout so I wouldn't get bored. Not bored, but not easy.

Tue: 4x800.  This will have to be on the treadmill since I can't get started until after dark.

Wed: 6 easy

Thur: 3 easy

Sat: 6 marathon pace. Maybe I'll do 9:30?

Sun: 8 easy

At some point I guess I need to pick a race.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

Yesterday I did 3 on the treadmill then took Daisy to the mailbox in the snow. She had a blast and, as usual, acted like a sled dog. 7-1/2 inches of snow! 

Today I didn't run but got a good workout shoveling the driveway. That's cross-training, I guess.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Not so great of a day - too much holiday cheer has my weight and body fat up a bit. It's so disheartening to not be able to take 3 weeks off (after 6 months of work) without major consequences. Also the IT guy has my pc in many little bits next to my desk... Anyways - spin class yesterday, 3 treadmill miles this morning with 60 min weight training.

Recalculating...

Finally getting back up to speed after the stomach thing, and still adjusting to the New Years diet.  Going much more whole grain, fruits and veges.  Working out well so far.  I've managed to keep off a couple of unwanted pounds after the stomach bug head start.

The snow is cleared up here and I got in a couple good runs this weekend.  Nice to be out in the sunshine even if it is still hovering at freezing.  The speed is still lagging a little but I'm feeling much better.

Brian - I knew if was only a matter of time before you left us all in the dust.

Russ - Congrats on the Daisy news, and yes shoveling definitely counts!

A - You're telling me!  I'm down with a stomach bug for 5 days and lose about 3 months of fitness, it's just not fair.

Puke - Welcome aboard

Loves the outdoors

I'm having a big week due to an overnight tramping trip. First 

Mon - 7km easy fartlek in the morning, then a full day tramping in the Tararuas. 1250m height gain. Camped on a ridge.  Smile

Tue - another tramping in the Tararuas. Very rugged underfoot. Only an overnight trip, so home by 4:30pm to relieve our babysitter. Went out for a quick 20min run to keep my streak going (really didn't feel like this run).

Wed - Surprisingly felt great and ran 11km, although my calf muscles complained on even the smallest uphills from the work I subjected them to on the tramp.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Cancer free Daisy!

Welcome New Zealanders, I'm a New Yorker/ adopted Mainer (US) who lives in Halifax, Canada. I'm pretty slow but I love to run.

Pressing restart today with a better attitude helped by flowers brought home by hubby last night, looks like lots of snow on the way so I'll be hitting the treadmill as needed for the rest of the week.

Happy rest day, A

Recalculating...

Dutchie42

Ayola: I think we all suffered a little weight gain over the holidays. You'll loose it soon enough Wink

No run yesterday: I didn't wake up till 8h09 and I had to be in the office by 8h30. Didn't get there till 9AM though. So much for my New Year's resolution to always run when I have a run planned, even if it's only 10 minutes if that's all that I have time for.

Today I have a 20 min doggie run planned plus a 10K easy. It's raining buckets of water this morning, so I'll probably do the 10K on the TM.

Dutchie

Did 10km Monday and 10.7km Tuesday. Had a rest day on Wednesday, and Thursday did 3x950 hill reps with a WU/CD for a total of 8km.

Hope to do about 12km tomorrow after work.

Still hot here, but gonna be worse next month for my 30km race.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

I think we all suffered a little weight gain over the holidays. You'll loose it soon enough Wink

True dat! I'm up 5 lb and my heartburn is back, probably the worst it's ever been. I appreciate the encouragement, Dutchie, by way of Ayola. I can't seem to get my eating back on track yet. Today is a new day. I'm hitting "restart" too.

I've stuck with my running plan this week, but my legs are complaining a bit. Last Saturday and Monday were challenging runs and the rest of the week's soreness has probably been fallout from that. I think I'll revert to a 10-miler this Saturday and then give 12 another go the following one.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Dutchie42

Only did a 6.7 kilometer doggie run. My legs were quite heavy today. Odd, cause that rarely happens. Tight calfs, yes, all the time; heavy legs, no.

Don't notice my L-achilles anymore when walking or running. Still there when walking downstairs though.

Happy: sometimes shorter runs are good for your body and mental health Big grin

Pukekura: guess it's summer where you are. Do you ever run really early to avoid the heat?

Dutchie

HappyFeat

You're probably right, Dutchie. I've got a 4-miler on the schedule for tonight and then a rest day tomorrow. How's that for shorter?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Only did a 6.7 kilometer doggie run. My legs were quite heavy today. Odd, cause that rarely happens. Tight calfs, yes, all the time; heavy legs, no.

Don't notice my L-achilles anymore when walking or running. Still there when walking downstairs though.

Happy: sometimes shorter runs are good for your body and mental health Big grin

Pukekura: guess it's summer where you are. Do you ever run really early to avoid the heat?

Yep, summer down here. 

I have done a couple of 5:30am runs, but that involves getting my lazy butt out of the comfortable bed far too early - so for longer runs plan to get running at about 7:30.  My wife reckons that I would be out the door much earlier if I didn't spend forever getting all my gear ready.......she made the stupid suggestion that maybe I should get everything ready the night before....ha!!!

For shorter runs tend to go later in the evening once the kids are in bed or at least fed and cleaned which can be anytime up till 10pm Joking

Trying to incorporate some warmer runs at the moment just to acclimatise....my 30km race next month starts at 9:30 am so could be quite warm by the time I finish.  Sounds like limited water stations also so may be forced to carry my own supply.

Weight gain over the holidays....managed to stack on nearly 4 kg - mostly beer and bbq.  Slowly starting to get it back off again.

Shorter runs....I agree, sometimes they are just what you need.  Also like to just go out and run sometimes...don't decide where you are going until you finish it.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Dutchie42

This morning was a 7 kilometer loop with both dogs. Something in the ground seemed to be irresistable to both dogs. They kept sniffing and digging. You should see Spike dig. He shoves his nose in the ground with his butt as high up as he can get it then he sort of tunnels his nose in the dirt jumping up and down, occasionally using his paws to dig further Clown Really funny to watch. And really annoying when you're all sweaty and a strong wind is cooling you down, sigh.

Pukekura: I've never gone out running without a plan.... Maybe something I should try after my marathon?

Dutchie

Friday did a 12km tempo run, rest day Saturday, and 24km long run on Sunday

Goals 2016

Do stuff